Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Another PS2 vs. DC thread...  (Read 7246 times)

Another PS2 vs. DC thread...
« on: December 11, 2000, 09:43:54 AM »
Every next thread in this forum is called "PS2 vs. DC" or something similar to that. People writing these threads usually start off with a couple of good points but the almost all answers posted by others are like "Yeah, Sh*tstation 2 sucks, DC rules!!!" or vice-versa. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so here\'s mine...
Throughout the last week, I\'ve had face to face encounters with both platforms mentioned above...
Long-term gaming on a DC pad can get painful (9 straight hours in my case) whereas the Dual Shock 2 stays comfy and has rubber sticks for better grip, the DC pad seems a bit more slippery to me...
DC makes a sh*t-load of slight noises, whereas the PS2 stays quiet and to my surprise, also plays more smoothly. After loooong running time, the DC got more heated and started to loose frames while the PS2\'s cooling system did well in keeping the little machine\'s "internal organs" at a normal temperature. DC was tested with Sonic Adventures and PS2 with SSX as those games have pretty high frame rates.
Also, DC does have great graphic capabilities and sweet texturing but as I compared Soul Calibur and Tekken Tag Tournament, I found that the main objects (obviously the characters) looked better and more realistic in TTT....I was astonished to see that in Soul Calibur, pixels were much more visible.
People have to take in mind that even though PS2 is on the market since March 2000, it\'s game development is still in it\'s starting/evolving phase, and the DC has been around for a while...I think games that come to Sega\'s console now are already juicing it pretty bad while games out for PS2 currently aren\'t really making use of all the platforms capabilities.
In my country in Europe, PS2 costs three times what DC costs, that\'s why my friends who bought one got theirs from the U.S. When it comes to games, for almost every DC smash  hit, PS2 now has at least one very good game of the same genre...
An additional function allowing people to watch and listen to digital versatile discs speaks for itself.
I tested both consoles for about a week and know now that the better long-term investment is in my humble opinion a PS2...A year ago, I would\'ve probably bought a Dreamcast but I don\'t regret I didn\'t...
Write your views and experiences on both platforms...
                                    PeAcE!!!!!

Offline AlteredBeast
  • Old Member
    \"Knows his stuff,
    and yours too!\"

• Legendary Member
    • http://www.sega.com
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2000, 10:05:14 AM »
And your opinion is equally dumb, and easily shot down too!

Pad -  I could easily say the thing about the Dual Shcok MICROpad. I swear that was built for children. hitting the triangle button is as good as hitting the circle because they are all so close to eachother.

Noise -  If you complain about noise, you are truly a wuss.

Heat -  Heat does not cause a game to lose frames. You are making this up. SSX has far more slowdown than Sonic Adventure. check out the fireworks crap on some level and you will see some slowdown.

Texturing and graphics - of course TTT will have more polys, the system it runs on is nearly 2 years newer. But look at the PS2 and DC versions of DOA2. hmm where is the better textures now? oh yeah, on the DC version. how bout those higher polys? same for each! incredible.

watching DVDs - oh sorry, I usually buy a console to do what it is made to do, play games.

If you beleive that current games have even come close to maxing DC\'s capabilities, than you are a flippin idiot. And we really don\'t know on either do we? maybe GT3 maxes out PS2. We don\'t know for sure, do we?

BTW, we are really glad you are basing your opinion to not buy a DC on these petty values, ones that do not affect gameplay, because now we know you are a R-E-T-A-R-D. :rolleyes: The fact is, there are ten times more quality games on DC over PS2.

Eric Jacob
A funny gesture.

Offline Darth Joyda
  • Replicant Dreamer
  • Legendary Member
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2000, 11:42:08 AM »
Eric Jacob. Don\'t talk about stupid now. You got aggressive towards him/her because of his/hers (?) opinion!

These arguments are boring and stupid. This thread should be deleted. Too many these kind of threads, really.

You can post these opinions to another thread named same-wise.

Please.
[FONT=\"Impact\"][SIZE=\"4\"][COLOR=\"SlateGray\"]\"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes\"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Offline Zavijava
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2000, 11:51:39 AM »
Ditto to what Joyda said. Lighten up man, it\'s just an opinion. No need to resort to childish name calling.Sheesh!
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Offline BizioEE

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2000, 12:04:58 PM »
Charlie\'s opinions count exactly like yours :rolleyes:
Just now it\'s a "no sense" a comparison between PS2 and DC...PS2 hasn\'t yet sprouted and it hasn\'t shown its potential...DC has only an advantage of time! :p
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 11:16:12 AM by BizioEE »
He has the power of both worlds
Girl: What power… beyond my expectations?
AND IT\'S PERSONAL
Demon: No… the legendary Sparda!?
Dante: You\'re right, but I\'m his son Dante!

Feelin\' pretty satisfied, huh?
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2000, 12:17:43 PM »
Pad-maybe that\'s \'cause you\'re a freak of nature?
Noise-people do expect quality for their money...
Heat-what if a platform gets overheated???
Texturing and graphics-I can bet you that if you sat on your sarcastic ass to compare the two versions, you\'d see that the PS2 edition dominates when it comes to eye-candy...
DVD\'s-oh sorry, bet you\'re dumb enough to spend $300 on a DVD player...
How can you logically prove they don\'t max out the DC? The PS2 ones have technically been proven...

"now we know you\'re a R-E-T-A-R-D"......who\'s we?
More quality games on DC? That\'s a filthy opinion not a fact!
        Ah yes, you just showed everybody how mature you are as a "senior member"...
Critisize, critisize......see where that\'ll get you...
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is The Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!!!

you decide
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2000, 02:49:06 PM »
is the DC a good system?   yes
is the PS2 a good system?  yes
the question remains is can you trust Sega to stay with it based on there previous track record?  i\'m not sure.
I was just reading in the latest issue of Playstaion magazine the Sega is in the works to strike a deal with sony to port over some of its better titles to the PS one and also quite possibly will bring crazy taxi over to the PS2. Susposedly ACCLAIM will be handling the PSone port overs.  So again I bring up the point that. "Will the DC be around for very long.  The President of SEGA of America said that they are trying to to go the route of being a software publisher which again brings up the question, will the DC be around for long.  Now before all you DC fan boys jump all over me.  Remember this.  Sega has sworn up and down to support every system they came out with ie. sega cd, 32x, and the saturn.  Now i owned each and every one of these systems  just to be disappointed and generally pissed off.  Sega claims it will support this system, but I think history will repeat itself just as it did before.  Just like PS one but the Saturn to rest, the PS2 will put the DC to sleep.  I figure as soon as Sony goes online and if it is sucessful, the DC will become a distant memory. And in the infamous words of Chris Benoit......" PROVE ME WRONG. "

Offline Living-In-Clip

• Legendary Member
Re: you decide
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2000, 03:40:45 PM »
Originally posted by TLUV
is the DC a good system?   yes
is the PS2 a good system?  yes
the question remains is can you trust Sega to stay with it based on there previous track record?  i\'m not sure.
I was just reading in the latest issue of Playstaion magazine the Sega is in the works to strike a deal with sony to port over some of its better titles to the PS one and also quite possibly will bring crazy taxi over to the PS2. Susposedly ACCLAIM will be handling the PSone port overs.  So again I bring up the point that. "Will the DC be around for very long.  The President of SEGA of America said that they are trying to to go the route of being a software publisher which again brings up the question, will the DC be around for long.  Now before all you DC fan boys jump all over me.  Remember this.  Sega has sworn up and down to support every system they came out with ie. sega cd, 32x, and the saturn.  Now i owned each and every one of these systems  just to be disappointed and generally pissed off.  Sega claims it will support this system, but I think history will repeat itself just as it did before.  Just like PS one but the Saturn to rest, the PS2 will put the DC to sleep.  I figure as soon as Sony goes online and if it is sucessful, the DC will become a distant memory. And in the infamous words of Chris Benoit......" PROVE ME WRONG. "

Goodness. You\'re flogging a dead horse. This has been discussed time and time again. Sega also said if anything they would bring old Saturn games to the original PS . And why would Acclaim publish them? That doesn\'t make sense. Crazy Taxi on PS2? Don\'t count on it. Sega is working cross development for Motorola and maybe the PC though. They\'ve also stated interest in the GBA. But, then later retracted it saying they have no current plans to go cross development with the two consoles mentioned.

Also, the PS put the Saturn to rest because , of bad marketing and bad development for the Saturn. The PS had it easy. It had no real competion in the 32 bit market. Either way, why was another thread made about this? There is already two of these threads. Do we  need another? I mean, all this will attract is flaming. And why could this not of been added to one of the other 2 DC VS PS2 threads? The Moderators really need to start paying more attenion to this forum, because its being flooded with crap. Not to mention multi-topics of the same subject.

Oh and don\'t believe everything you read about Sega in a SONY magazine. Common sense dictates that they will spread rumours about various other consoles and distort simple facts. Advice: Go to a non-biased site like IGN or CoreMagazine.com.

Offline M4
  • Cosmic Hippo
yea
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2000, 04:32:06 PM »
But make sure you avoid Core\'s editorials. They have ones that bash every console, and all of them are lame. But their actual news is good. :)
the earthquake hits the theater
but the operetta lingers
then the piano lid comes down
and breaks his ****ing fingers

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2000, 05:24:33 PM »
i don\'t know why there is another thread on this topic either.  What I would like to know is why this topic at all is on a Playstation message board and further more why you continue to perpetuate this fantasy of yours that the DC is the superior system.  Isn\'t there a Sega message board you can write on to state your opinions on concerning the Sega.  Obviously you will find no one who owns a PS2 to agree with you on which system is better.  Speaking of flaming......your the one asking for it.

Offline Living-In-Clip

• Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2000, 05:32:10 PM »
I suggest you read the other forums more offen and the moderators posts. They don\'t mind Sega fans being here. Infact, MM is a sega fan, I believe.

Hmm. I\'ve been here longer and never been flamed, \'cept by three of you Sony fans. Yet, you have been told by a MOD not to use caps. Been flamed,etc, all in 17 posts. Hmm.. Odd, isn\'t it?:)

Anyways, my point being. Did we need another DC VS PS2 thread? No.

Offline AlteredBeast
  • Old Member
    \"Knows his stuff,
    and yours too!\"

• Legendary Member
Re: Feelin\' pretty satisfied, huh?
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2000, 06:07:29 PM »
Originally posted by Charlie
Pad-maybe that\'s \'cause you\'re a freak of nature?
Noise-people do expect quality for their money...
Heat-what if a platform gets overheated???
Texturing and graphics-I can bet you that if you sat on your sarcastic ass to compare the two versions, you\'d see that the PS2 edition dominates when it comes to eye-candy...
DVD\'s-oh sorry, bet you\'re dumb enough to spend $300 on a DVD player...
How can you logically prove they don\'t max out the DC? The PS2 ones have technically been proven...

"now we know you\'re a R-E-T-A-R-D"......who\'s we?
More quality games on DC? That\'s a filthy opinion not a fact!
        Ah yes, you just showed everybody how mature you are as a "senior member"...
Critisize, critisize......see where that\'ll get you...
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is The Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!!!

What does it matter if I am a senior member ofr not? I would shoot down your childish opinions (opinions can be argued by the way) even if it were my first post. I do not have to be an ambassador every time one of you idiots (see: BizioEE, GameRiader, TLUV, DocWiz, etc.) come to this forum and feel the need to do something no one cares about, and has also been done way too many times to count.

DC + Now =  better system, better value. It is the undeniable fact. All yof you fanboys keep arguing to the fact that PS2 is going to win, it\'s future is better.

Look at Bouncer, one of your most cherished games? Looks like it is just an average game hiding under pretty graphics. Wasn\'t this one of your points when saying when PS2 games were going to get better? Bouncer right? Wrong.

The steady stream of high quality games for DC keep coming, but when will it START for PS2? What does future matter if their is no definite holding on today? You all will see when X-Box and GC come, your precious love machine fade into history. Than you will get to argue with people on X-Box vs. PS2, and other topics no one cares about. But what do I have to worry? I already know DC, proven to me by the intelligent likes of you guys, that DC has no future.

Don\'t get me started either. I am buying a PS2. Don\'t call me a Sega Fanboy, because a fanboy does not buy a rival system. I had 3 PSX\'s, that is one of the reasons I am not buying a PS2 right now. The other is, there are too many good DC games still coming and ones I have missed because they have been coming too fast. With that, I do not have money currently available. Twisted Metal Black is definetly when I am buying a PS2. the first got me to buy a PSX.

Eric Jacob
A funny gesture.

Offline BizioEE

• Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2000, 12:16:53 AM »
Some points of yours could be right but however you seem a little hipocritical!
Try to control your language and show your point of view without assailing people who don\'t think like you...I\'m the first who was wrong some times ago with childish posts but it doesn\'t mean that I can\'t learn from my mistakes!
Get off the pedestal!
He has the power of both worlds
Girl: What power… beyond my expectations?
AND IT\'S PERSONAL
Demon: No… the legendary Sparda!?
Dante: You\'re right, but I\'m his son Dante!

Offline AlteredBeast
  • Old Member
    \"Knows his stuff,
    and yours too!\"

• Legendary Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2000, 08:11:49 AM »
hypocritical, how may I ask?

Eric Jacob
A funny gesture.

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2000, 09:19:27 AM »
eric "the troller" take your rose colored sega glasses off and realize that you are a fan boy yourself.  I find it quite interesting that need to troll on a playstation site.  I will not argue the point of PS2 v DC with you any longer.  For one you are very immature and you have no respect for others or their differing opinions.  I don\'t know why it would matter that you are a senior member either.  But judging by the numerous posts you have in relative short time, you must not have a job.  Anyway you make statement that a based merely on your own opinion and you have no concrete facts to support it.  I must say one thing. You just plain lied about DOA2.  You can read any and I mean ANY gaming magazine and It will tell you how the PS2 version is a better version than the DC.  I really don\'t know where you get your information from.  The PS2 is simply a more powerful machine than the DC and all your complaining won\'t change that.  You keep crying about how the DC has so many good game.  HELLO! ERIC the PS2 has only been out for 2 months.  Did the DC have as many games at Launch???????????????????????/ NO.  If you wish to have an intelligent discussion on the matter then I suggest you stick to facts and not your twisted and distorted dillusions.  TROLLING, is such a waste of all our time and you are the reason that people are tired of this thread.  Your need to FLAME people with differing opinions is simply a reflection of your immaturity and lack of anything interesting or compelling to say.  I use to be like you............A SEGAPHYTE, but how many times do you have to get screwed over by a company to realize they are not committed to the consumer.  Why don\'t we wait and see.  This time next year when PS2 has been out for a year and games like MGS2 come out and then you can talk about the state of the DC.  By this time next year there will be 4 consoles on the market and quite frankly I don\'t think the DC will make it and any way SEGA just wants to be a software publisher anyway.......................and that IS a fact straight from the Pres. of SOA.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk