Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: problem with sony dual shock 2 controller  (Read 2546 times)

Offline warm apple pie
    • http://gamerankings.com/
problem with sony dual shock 2 controller
« on: December 12, 2000, 04:37:08 PM »
I\'ve had my Playstation 2 since launch day and yesterday my Playstation 2 DUALSHOCK Controller was messing up. What happens is when I play a game the Analong button light will stay on all the time and that happens when I play Tekken Tag Tournament and SSX. When I Play madden and doa2 i don\'t have that problem and i\'ve rented smuggler\'s run and it doesn\'t stay on while playing. i can switch from analog to directional and i would know which is working since the light would be on/off and it wouldn\'t stay on all the time. So i called sony and they said the problem was with the controller. And they said if i had thrown it around or anything and that answer was no the controller has never been dropped or anything. And they said it was defective. But.. i\'ve tried using 2 other dualshock sony playstation controllers and the problem still occured. What i\'m wondering is if i have a defective unit cause from what i\'ve seen it\'s not the controller that\'s defective.
http://www.gamerankings.com/
Reviews,Previews,Codes,Forums and more.

Offline jaggies
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2000, 04:39:15 PM »
My playstation (not ps2) does that. the little red lite stays on no matter what. Nothing wrong with controller or system. but its still odd.
to there are ways to give the illusion of AA,without having to take cuts in performance,and some developers are are taking advantage of themhowever ,until SOny comes up with a specific and easy ways to implement true AA that dosent take major hits on performance,you probably wont be seeing a huge number of games take advantage of it.

Offline Caspian

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2000, 04:41:38 PM »
I\'ve droped my controller numerious times. All by accident. I\'ve never had that problem.
\"An Act of Kindness is never given too soon because you never know when too soon will become too late.\"
\"Whats my problem!?! I dont have a problem. I have problemsss, plural.\"

Offline jaggies
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2000, 04:45:35 PM »
Yea there is something wrong with my dual shock. once you turn on analog you cant turn it off. The red lite is there to stay till i turn off the power.
to there are ways to give the illusion of AA,without having to take cuts in performance,and some developers are are taking advantage of themhowever ,until SOny comes up with a specific and easy ways to implement true AA that dosent take major hits on performance,you probably wont be seeing a huge number of games take advantage of it.

Offline IronFist
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2000, 05:02:49 PM »
I think it\'s supposed to do that.  The red lights turn on when you start a game, and don\'t turn off until you stop the game.
[color=88bbbb]\"How glorious is the future... there never were men who had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began.\"[/color]

Offline ddaryl
  • He shoots, He scores
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2000, 05:07:25 PM »
Originally posted by Caspian
I\'ve droped my controller numerious times. All by accident. I\'ve never had that problem.

Not me I\'ve set up a pillow about 4 feet from me so I can whip my dual shock into it during frustrating Timesplitting moments.

Offline Mr. Kennedy
  • Resident Libertarian
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2000, 05:41:28 PM »
Actually my DS2 controller has been stepped on, dropped, and squished.  Still looks and feels brand new.
\"In the last 12 months 100,000 private sector jobs have been lost and yet you\'ve created 30,000 public sector jobs. Prime Minister, you cannot carry on forever squeezing the productive bit of the economy in order to fund an unprecidented engorgement of the unproductive bit. You cannot spend your way out of recession or borrow your way out of debt.\" - Daniel Hannan

Follow Me on Twitter!

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
    • §ôµÏG®ïñD'§ Electrical / Electronics shit.
  • PSN ID: SoulGrind81
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2000, 05:46:32 PM »
Yep same here. The dual shock 2 controller light stays on while i play TTT.. I don\'t think its a problem. I think there made so if games use both the Analog and directional pad works together. In TTT u can use the Directional Pad for movement and the right analog stick too change characters. You can also change the fighting style of Unknown by pressing the right analog stick STRAIGHT DOWN. Not too the side. :D
It doesn\'t effect game play in any way. So really i wouldn\'t bother about it.
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline jaggies
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2000, 05:49:06 PM »
Originally posted by IronFist
I think it\'s supposed to do that.  The red lights turn on when you start a game, and don\'t turn off until you stop the game.

It stays on no matter how many times I press it the button again. During the game. I can\'t turn off analog.

The red lite is suppose to turn on and off to let you know if analog is on or off during a game.

Or is it.

Offline Shawnimal
    • [img]http://www.hooked.net/~yensid/eric.gif[/img]
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2000, 06:53:01 PM »
Those controller are just too damn tiny!!! I\'ve got big hands... and you know what that means :thepimp:

Anyway, I\'ve traded them in for the larger 3rd party controllers which I like much better.  I\'ve got the MadCatz, but some of the others look good too.
\"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.\"

Offline Halberto
  • \'99, \'03, \'05, \'07
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2000, 07:00:26 PM »
My PSX Dual Shock sux! Even if I don\'t tounch it the L2 button always is held down. I can\'t play any games with it when L2 doesn\'t have a use. I can\'t play FFIX or metal Gear Solid  witout using my friends\' controllers. :boom:

Offline IronFist
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2000, 11:23:11 PM »
Those controller are just too damn tiny!!! I\'ve got big hands... and you know what that means

I love how the Dual Shock feels in my hands, and I have huge hands.  I guess it\'s just a matter of taste.
[color=88bbbb]\"How glorious is the future... there never were men who had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began.\"[/color]

Offline Samwise
  • Legendary Member
    • http://151.200.3.8/~vze29k6v/you.html
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2000, 08:59:09 AM »
Originally posted by Shawnimal
I\'ve got big hands... and you know what that means

Um, it means you\'ve got big hands? ;)

The red light \'problem\' isn\'t really a problem. My controller does it too - but it depends on the game. It doesn\'t effect the gameplay as far as I know. I wouldn\'t worry about it; I don\'t think the controller is faulty.
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPETIME!
(thanks Chizzy!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk