Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: GranTurismo 5 terminating online service. Also pulling DLC  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
GranTurismo 5 terminating online service. Also pulling DLC
« on: February 26, 2014, 07:36:16 AM »
If you're into GT5 or moderately into it, come April 30, you won't be able to download any of the DLC from the PS Store or play online. So if you want to get any of the DLC before they pull the plug, better do it quickly.

This seems like a strange move to pull DLC from the PS Store. I've actually never seen that before. Even games I have that came out when PS3 first came out, I can still get the DLC for it. Perhaps they want people to migrate to GT6 ;)

As Sony has previously announced, Gran Turismo 5 online services will be terminated on May 30, ending access to the Online Lobby, Seasonal Events, Museum, News, Community, Remote Race, Log in Bonus and Online Dealership features.

Sony has also announced that all DLC for Gran Turismo 5 will be removed from the PlayStation store earlier, on April 30.

If you purchase a Racing Car Pack, Course Pack and other DLC items, you’ll be able to download and install them again if you acquire the free “Family Upgrade” item and follow the instructions outlined on Gran Turismo’s website.

However, after April 30, you will not be able to download and install the Paint Pack and Racing Gear Pack if you lose or delete Gran Turismo 5’s save data.

In addition, Gran Turismo TV, which gives players access to racing related video content, will no longer be available through Gran Turismo 5 starting March 14.

“We would like to thank everyone for their passion in supporting Gran Turismo 5’s online services, and we look forward to providing even better online services for Gran Turismo 6,” Sony said.

Gran Turismo 6 was released on PlayStation 3 in December 2013. GameSpot’s review found it to be a fantastic simulation, but not the greatest game.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/install-some-gran-turismo-5-dlc-now-or-lose-it-forever-on-april-30/1100-6417919/
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline Kurt Angle

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: Supes1975
Re: GranTurismo 5 terminating online service. Also pulling DLC
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 07:56:56 AM »
I think most people will have migrated to GT6 by then anyway. I know I have and that will be supported by future updates and DLC for a few years yet.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 08:44:12 AM »
How do you like GT6? Should I just wait for GT7 on PS4?

Offline Kurt Angle

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »
It's an ok game but is not much different to GT5 in terms of tracks and overall looks. Many people seem to be disappointed by it as it's quite a bit shorter than GT5 due to the lack of endurance races and B spec mode.

There is a track editor due out soon that uses GPS data to map locations. It's potentially a great addition as you could put your town/street in and race your own neighbourhood.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 07:50:49 AM »
Damn. That would be cool. I'd consider it if I could make my own tracks. How would they go about making the textures of objects on the ground just from GPS data? Would it map out the general area then you fill in the textures of the track, buildings, trees and stuff? Or would it just kinda do it for you?

Offline Kurt Angle

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 08:32:45 AM »
I'm guessing it would use generic trees and buildings. It would be awesome if it used google street view though as that would be realistic. Polyphony have not released any details really on how it will work so we shall see.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk