Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Blockbuster\'s off-balance PS2 discs  (Read 1437 times)

Blockbuster\'s off-balance PS2 discs
« on: December 15, 2000, 06:41:15 AM »
I know this has been covered here before, but will the discs rented from Blockbuster hurt your PS2 over time?  What I\'m talking about is how they vibrate because the security sticker throws them off balance.

I was also wondering if anybody who has reported defects with their PS2 has played mostly these kinds of rentals(i.e. they vibrated their machine into a state of malfunction)?

Offline kirath
  • The Proper Disciple
    • http://www.doodmonkeyradio.com/audi
more durable
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2000, 06:48:48 AM »
The PSX2 are a lot more durable then that.  But the vibration may cause the disc to rub and then cause it to scratch..

I just will never rent a game from block-buster..forget that.

peace :D
www.doodmonkeyradio.com 24/7 dnb and underground hiphop
Word to the mothership

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
    • §ôµÏG®ïñD'§ Electrical / Electronics shit.
  • PSN ID: SoulGrind81
Re: more durable
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2000, 07:15:11 AM »
As long as the ps2 doesn\'t use plstic F@#KEN Lens sled You will be fine. :D But the cds i hired from Video Ezy worked fine.. They have the stickers goin around the hole in the middle of the cd. Not accross the cd. So the cd doesn\'t vibrate.
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline Mr. Kennedy
  • Resident Libertarian
  • Legendary Member
Blockbuster\'s off-balance PS2 discs
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2000, 07:00:50 AM »
I hate those stickers they put over the disk.  It\'s so stupid they have to do that.
\"In the last 12 months 100,000 private sector jobs have been lost and yet you\'ve created 30,000 public sector jobs. Prime Minister, you cannot carry on forever squeezing the productive bit of the economy in order to fund an unprecidented engorgement of the unproductive bit. You cannot spend your way out of recession or borrow your way out of debt.\" - Daniel Hannan

Follow Me on Twitter!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk