Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Mass Effect: Andromeda  (Read 5101 times)

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
Mass Effect: Andromeda
« on: June 12, 2016, 02:51:11 PM »
Check out this video. I think it came out today? As a massive Mass Effect fan (despite what happened at the end of ME3), I'm super excited for this next chapter. Lets hope they don't fuck this up :)

Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline clips

• In ChArGe..Ya DiG?!
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: Blackgas7
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 11:34:47 PM »
Yeah definitely looking forward to this. Apparently this is taking place hundreds of years after ME3....even tho i felt they could have ended the series better, there is no doubt that the entire series was a blast to play. Putting the game so far into the future gives them some leeway for a fresh start and not have to reference the decisions made from the last series.

Alot of folks have left Bioware since ME3 tho...so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I know they was struggling with trying to produce a story and craft characters after so many people left.
knowledge, wisdom & understanding..these are the basic fundamentals of life

if you can\'t amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t....

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 03:09:00 PM »
Yeah definitely looking forward to this. Apparently this is taking place hundreds of years after ME3....even tho i felt they could have ended the series better, there is no doubt that the entire series was a blast to play. Putting the game so far into the future gives them some leeway for a fresh start and not have to reference the decisions made from the last series.

Alot of folks have left Bioware since ME3 tho...so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I know they was struggling with trying to produce a story and craft characters after so many people left.

I heard that too. But I think a lot of people stayed too. I didn't hear about it taking place hundreds of years in the future. That would be a good direction to have a fresh start. What they could have done too was put you in control of a Prothean during the end of their cycle. Then decisions wouldn't matter. Bioware is good at making your decisions not matter ;)

I'm not sure about the tie ins though. At the end of ME3, there was a legacy depending on one of the 4 endings you chose. Unless they do end up confirming that Shepard was indoctrinated in the end, then they will have to explain why you aren't synthesized with synthetics, why they aren't alive or why the Reapers are running around the galaxy under Shepard's control. I wonder if you choose in the beginning of the game what ending you chose to ME3 or if your saves some how carry over.

Offline ronaldAbisp
Mass Effect Andromeda
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 03:06:45 AM »
just a thought mass effect 3 left me with shepard dead so how is he alive in this one?

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 11:54:59 AM »
just a thought mass effect 3 left me with shepard dead so how is he alive in this one?

He's not. This game has a different story arch set I think 300 years after ME3 in the Andromeda galaxy. Basically, during the Reaper invasion, a group from the various races board different arks in stasis to travel to Andromeda to colonize a new galaxy. The game flopped. I wouldn't expect a sequel. Shame really. Though it had a troubled development and the game fell flat, I think it had a good basis for a story if they did a sequel properly. Hell, even if they fixed the problems and bugs of the game, came out with some killer DLC and focused on multiplayer, they could have had a No Man's Sky style comeback and won the fans back over. EA really shit the bed on this one.

Offline clips

• In ChArGe..Ya DiG?!
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: Blackgas7
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 05:46:11 PM »
I wouldn't mind the next game going back to MW and showing us the aftermath of the Reaper threat. I would also like Shep to be alive as i really wasn't a fan of Ryder. Have the game take place maybe a year or two later when everybody is rebuilding and then hit them with another threat.

Not anything universal like the Reapers, but maybe some other alien faction looking to capitalize on the situation since everybody is vulnerable during this rebuilding phase. Andromeda going 300 years into the future was a bad copout by Bioware not wanting to deal with the aftermath and dealing with a true canon of ME3.

Just pick a canon ending (most likely destroy with Shep living) and run with that....there was no way Bioware was going to satisfy everybody....so just take your own personal journey with Shep and treasure it, but just accept what canon ending the devs choose to roll with  and respect it.....Bioware backed themselves into a corner with that 300 years into the future garbage...
knowledge, wisdom & understanding..these are the basic fundamentals of life

if you can\'t amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t....

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 06:21:00 AM »
I like the way you think Clips. And honestly my thinking is the same. It's actually doable too, especially if they make the indoctrination theory canon. If you got your EMS high (which wasn't hard at all), and chose the destroy option, Shepard  is alive (or at least very heavily implied ;)). I think they went the route of Andromeda because people wanted more  but they wrote themselves in a corner of having to decide on whether indoctrination happened or if any of those endings was true.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk