Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sound Card Problems.  (Read 2343 times)

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
    • §ôµÏG®ïñD'§ Electrical / Electronics shit.
  • PSN ID: SoulGrind81
Sound Card Problems.
« on: December 16, 2000, 04:32:56 PM »
I\'ve got a SB AWE 64 for free. Now i\'ve installed it with the latest drivers on windows ME. The problem i\'m getting is this in the SYSTEM PROPERTIES.  

This device is not working properly because the BIOS in the device is reporting the resources for the device incorrectly (Code 9.)

Contact the device manufacturer to get an updated BIOS for
your device.

I can\'t find a BIOS update for the card ANYWHERE.. Has anyone had this problem. If so, How did you fix it, if you did?
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline Animal Mother
  • goldmember
    • http://
Sound Card Problems.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2000, 04:35:18 PM »
Shoddy bulky windows ME is known to have problems with devices. You MUST reinstall your sound card software. You should have stuck with windows 98. You can\'t even boot into DOS with ME!
\"You know back before the war broke out I was a saucier in San Antone. I bet I could collar up some of them greens, yeah, some crawfish out the paddy, yo\'! Ha! I\'m makin\' some crabapples for dessert now, Ya hear! Hell yeah, ha!

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
Sound Card Problems.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2000, 04:43:12 PM »
I have reinstalled my Sound card drivers.. I\'ve got the UPDATED ones. But still no go. I HATE MS and i HATE WINDOWS. GRRRRRRRR

But x-box should be good. ;)
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline nO-One

• Legendary Member
Sound Card Problems.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2000, 06:40:18 PM »
What kind of sound card did you before you installed this one.It may be that there\'s still a bit of drivers from the old card intefering with the new ones.
A lot of ppl who are upgrading from a 3Dfx vid cards to nVidia\'s or others get similar problems as you are experiencing with your Sound card.
You could do a search for the old ones,or reinstall WinME.
I recently discovered that my ass is the key to the universe.....now I must fight to protect my ass from those who might abuse it!!!

Offline ddaryl
  • He shoots, He scores
  • Legendary Member
    • http://
Sound Card Problems.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2000, 08:13:28 PM »
Get the updated Bios and burn it into the card. You should be able to do this off the manufactures web site. I\'ve burned new Bios\'s into my Riva TNT card with no problems

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
Sound Card Problems.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2000, 02:05:59 PM »
Originally posted by ddaryl
Get the updated Bios and burn it into the card. You should be able to do this off the manufactures web site. I\'ve burned new Bios\'s into my Riva TNT card with no problems

Ok.. I had a SB 16 and a GEFORCE graphics card.
Then i changed it too SB AWE 64. Now i can\'t find the bios update from creative\'s website. They don\'t have any. I\'ve updated my Motherboards bios. I\'ve updated my geforce cards bios. So everying on my com is updated. I uninstalled my old SB16 drivers before i installed my AWE 64. I donno.. I\'ve emailed creative too find out what they think.  I\'ll post there reply here when i get it. :D
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline nO-One

• Legendary Member
Sound Card Problems.
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2000, 03:43:51 PM »
Hmmm I hope you get a reply cuz this is a wierd peoblem you have.
If you have the money I recomend buying a live card,you won\'t regret it.
I recently discovered that my ass is the key to the universe.....now I must fight to protect my ass from those who might abuse it!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk