Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Disc Scratches  (Read 1231 times)

Disc Scratches
« on: December 18, 2000, 06:00:28 AM »
When I was playing my PS2 today I noticed these scratches on my copy of TTT and Fifa2k1.  I ignored it and put in TTT and just made sure it was working fine.  
At the character selection screen when I select someone nothing happens, just blank. The character doesnt appear and even when the clock ticks down to 0 it just plays there with the music.
I washed the disc with a soft cloth and with toothpaste (yes ppl it works) and tried it again.  It worked for the first character but then when i tried selecting my tag partner the troubles started again.
Has anyone else encountered this problem and if you have, have got any suggestions?
Or do you have any good cleaning suggestions?

Thanks

Offline Living-In-Clip

• Legendary Member
    • http://
Disc Scratches
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2000, 06:05:17 AM »
Here is some tips.
  • Never move the PS2 while it is turned on.
  • Never move it while a disc is in it.
  • Do not leave a disc in it while it is not being played.
  • Handle the disc with care, holding by their edges.
  • Gently put them in the PS2 or their cases.
  • Wipe it with a soft cloth. If it still acts up by a cd cleaner. Those work great.

[Edited by Living-In-Clip on 12-18-2000 at 09:12 AM]

Disc Scratches
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2000, 07:09:07 AM »
I take care of any game I have by making backups! But with PS2 because I can\'t play backups without a swap that might **** my PS2 up. I hold the disks on the edges and put them in the case afeter use, and never on the floor or anything like that.

Offline kirath
  • The Proper Disciple
    • http://www.doodmonkeyradio.com/audi
same thang
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2000, 07:16:49 AM »
Same thing happend to me..  But is was not my fault or the PSX2 faults..  My Girlfriend tripped over my controller cord which banged my PSX2, which scratched my disk..  

Well I  exchanged the game for a new one so it was not that bad.  

And then last night, My girlfriend dumped coffe on the seat in my Brand New Nissan Pathfinder!!!  I think she is out to get me, but I can\'t prove anything! :burn:
www.doodmonkeyradio.com 24/7 dnb and underground hiphop
Word to the mothership

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk