Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Details About PS5 Announces, Launches Holiday 2020  (Read 1747 times)

Online Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
Details About PS5 Announces, Launches Holiday 2020
« on: October 12, 2019, 12:39:57 PM »

PlayStation 5 Launches Holiday 2020

...Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan and PS5 system architect Mark Cerny gave some additional details about the upcoming hardware. “There is ray-tracing acceleration in the GPU hardware,” Cerny said, clarifying the company’s original announcement of ray-tracing support and allaying concerns that Sony might resort to software tricks to manage it.

The Wired interview also confirms that the PS5 will use standard 100GB Blu-ray discs but all games will have to be installed to the internal SSD this time around.

Earlier this year, Sony revealed that the PS5 will be powered by an eight-core CPU based on AMD’s third-gen Ryzen line and a custom GPU based on AMD’s Radeon Navi hardware. It will also support “3D audio”, 8K gaming (as well as for 4K gaming at 120Hz), a much lower power consumption option, PS4 backwards compatibility, and that ultra-fast SSD.
https://cdrinfo.com/d7/content/playstation-5-launches-holiday-2020

sounds cool.  good to know that its backward compatible with ps4 games, 100 GB 4K Blu-Ray discs support, uses ssd, and hardware ray tracing.

Since its uses 100 GB Blu-Ray discs, it possibly support 4k Blu Ray Discs video playback too.  So that means games can use up to 100 GB of data beside playback of 4k blu ray movies/videos.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
Re: Details About PS5 Announces, Launches Holiday 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 04:30:05 PM »
That sounds incredible. Now, aside from the leaked image, I want to see this thing. Then they can take my money in a preorder lol. Also means I'm buying a 4k TV this year :)
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Online Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 06:22:17 PM »
there is a leaked image of ps5?  can you post it here.  i didn't know.

about buying 4k tv this year.  i recommend you to wait till next year to get a 4k tv because next year, many tvs will equipped with hdmi 2.1 connections that can support 4k120 and some might come with 4k120 broadcast tuners built in i think.

this year, only a few 4k tvs come with hdmi 2.1 connectors and even then, i don't know if these 2019 4k tvs model support native 120 fps sources.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 06:30:56 AM »
I'm gonna wait on the TV until Sony releases the specs. My entire entertainment setup hinges on my Playstation. I don't have live TV or anything like that. I use Hulu, Netflix,  Amazon for my entertainment. So whatever the PS5 can do in relation to a TV is what I'm getting :)
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk