Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: PS2 SCPH-39004  (Read 1965 times)

Offline AmirRezaTaherSoltani
PS2 SCPH-39004
« on: April 05, 2019, 05:22:05 AM »
Hi there. I have bought a ps2 fat scph-39004 with kinda original box, a controller, & AV cable. I looked forward through google to find another contents included with the system when released. As far as I can read from the box, these things were also included with the system:
1. Instruction manuals - two booklets with subscription leaflet
2. A demo disc - that is written aside on top of the box
3. A converter - AV to computer I think
Question is, where & how to find these materials in order to complete my set.
No need to mention that I ALMOST SURFED EVERY SINGLE E-MARKET (i.e. Amazon, ebay, best buy, walmart, etcetera) & SITES THAT HAVE BEEN SHOWN THROUGH GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE. So does anyone know how to find these items through web or any other approach? I'm living in Iran so I do not have access to the aftermarkets and gamestop shopping centres.
With all regards.[BOUQUET]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:31:21 AM by AmirRezaTaherSoltani »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
Re: PS2 SCPH-39004
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 05:53:44 PM »
That's gonna be pretty tough my friend to find that stuff. The original demo disk will be pretty tough to find unless you look on eBay to be honest, an even then, it'll be hard. Back in the day, they packaged demo disks with the console depending on the time of year it was manufactured. I got a launch model a couple months after release and it didn't come with a demo disk. But trust me, I used to get the demo disks for PS1 back in the 90s and they were short tastes of games coming up that year. Not worth tracking down.

As for the owner's manual, I think this will be your best bet:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/163664/Sony-Scph-39004.html#product-SCPH-39004

To answer the converter thing, do you not have AV jacks on your TV? I personally wouldn't put it in a monitor. You'd need AV to DVI or HDMI converter (depending on the input for your monitor). But then you have the issue of sound, unless you have speakers or another work around for the monitor. IMO, it's more hassle than it's worth.

You have a fine machine there though. I think that's the model they came out with that addressed issues with the launch model 30001. That's (30001) the one I have. They were notorious for disc read errors. I gave up fixing mine and bought a PS2 slim that I have hooked up now. My 30001 is a display piece on my shelf in my living room. Looks nice there :)

Hope I helped and welcome aboard :) This used to be a PS2 site that started in 1999. The archives are still there and we have every post available going back to the launch of this site. If you need any information on the PS2, hit the search function. There's a lot of information for you to dig through and I'm sure there are threads/posts about your specific model :)
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline AmirRezaTaherSoltani
Re: PS2 SCPH-39004
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 07:48:16 PM »
That's gonna be pretty tough my friend to find that stuff. The original demo disk will be pretty tough to find unless you look on eBay to be honest, an even then, it'll be hard. Back in the day, they packaged demo disks with the console depending on the time of year it was manufactured. I got a launch model a couple months after release and it didn't come with a demo disk. But trust me, I used to get the demo disks for PS1 back in the 90s and they were short tastes of games coming up that year. Not worth tracking down.

As for the owner's manual, I think this will be your best bet:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/163664/Sony-Scph-39004.html#product-SCPH-39004

To answer the converter thing, do you not have AV jacks on your TV? I personally wouldn't put it in a monitor. You'd need AV to DVI or HDMI converter (depending on the input for your monitor). But then you have the issue of sound, unless you have speakers or another work around for the monitor. IMO, it's more hassle than it's worth.

You have a fine machine there though. I think that's the model they came out with that addressed issues with the launch model 30001. That's (30001) the one I have. They were notorious for disc read errors. I gave up fixing mine and bought a PS2 slim that I have hooked up now. My 30001 is a display piece on my shelf in my living room. Looks nice there :)

Hope I helped and welcome aboard :) This used to be a PS2 site that started in 1999. The archives are still there and we have every post available going back to the launch of this site. If you need any information on the PS2, hit the search function. There's a lot of information for you to dig through and I'm sure there are threads/posts about your specific model :)
I am really pleased & blessed to join in such a forum
I was looking deep inside & found some material that is history but very precious anyway, It is my pleasure to have dialog with you dear Titan I appreciate your kindness answering my question thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk