Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Resident evil 2 remake  (Read 2996 times)

Offline kopking
  • Legendary Member
Resident evil 2 remake
« on: March 03, 2019, 02:27:06 AM »
So what does everyone think of the re2 remake.
For me, resident evil in one of my favorite franchises, I still pay most of there games and though many are a bit poo, part of me loves it as it's re.

I totally love the remake, the police station part in particular.
The only small grip is, the umbrella facility is way to small....
I did my first play through on hardcore, but just can't do the final boss.
The drunken, Liverpool supporting, bad spelling, Simpson loving, known as the drunkest of the spaminators, from England
without
alcohol, life would suck! pray for Mojo
beer,solving all your problems & helping ugly people have $ex since 1862.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
Re: Resident evil 2 remake
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 03:54:20 AM »
i don't have a ps4 nor re 2 remake and i lost most interest in gaming, but i love the 3D graphic that i seen.  its looks very CG quality for the most part i think.

Offline fastson
  • Keyser Söze
  • Legendary Member
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 12:14:06 PM »
Way too spooky for me. I've never liked zombie games because of spooyness. I however enjoy watching others play.  :confused:
\"Behold, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed\"
-Axel Oxenstierna 1648

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 05:01:42 PM »
Way too spooky for me. I've never liked zombie games because of spooyness. I however enjoy watching others play.  :confused:

That's the whole reason I didn't make it halfway through Alien: Isolation. Fantastic game. I loved it. But I was a nervous wreck playing it I just couldn't get through it.

Hey Koppy, is it a proper remake or is it a reboot?? I'm not too familiar with the RE remake they did.
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline clips

• In ChArGe..Ya DiG?!
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: Blackgas7
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 02:48:39 AM »
I absolutely love ReMake2....Solid visuals, great gameplay mechanics and the zombies are finally a true threat....they used to be pushovers in the earlier, but here?...they can be quite deadly. I agree with Kopking in that while they did add some new areas and changed things around, the game feels smaller in overall scope.

Game has loads of atmosphere and you cannot Rambo your way through this one...you gotta try to find the safest route and conserve ammo....the original did some things better like the zapping system (the way the game mechanics change depending on who you play first)

For me i didn't really feel a difference between the characters depending on whether you started with Claire or Leon...in the original, the games felt quite different depending on who you started with....great game tho....looking forward to ReMake3....they are supposedly working on that now... :thumbsup:
knowledge, wisdom & understanding..these are the basic fundamentals of life

if you can\'t amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh*t....

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 07:25:47 AM »
hey clips, i made a birthday thread for you last year.  hope that you can visit it and chime in. :)

Offline AmirRezaTaherSoltani
Resident evil 2 remake
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 05:52:28 AM »
Resident Evil 2 is absolutely a masterpiece. Beside from its awesome graphics, gameplay & scenario, it trully describes a global concern of what we now call biological weapons, a growing matter of anxiety through our world. Science improvement is for sure an advantage for today human life, but not every single human has the capacity to use this tool as a positive concept.
The developers tried really hard to keep the game atmosphere in the late 90's, but somehow you can feel that the game is not exactly happening in that era. As a matter of fact, they may have used some recent nowadays elements of lifestyle inside the game structure, unintendedly. I can feel them when I start playing claire 1st scenario, or facing Annette Birkin more. When you compare dialogs & habits of characters to the same ones in the original title, you may agree to my opinion.
But this is certainly NOT a week point for the game. You should see the whole game as an artwork that makes you feel frightened with its story and special effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:55:49 AM by AmirRezaTaherSoltani »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 05:57:53 PM »
Resident Evil 2 is absolutely a masterpiece. Beside from its awesome graphics, gameplay & scenario, it trully describes a global concern of what we now call biological weapons, a growing matter of anxiety through our world. Science improvement is for sure an advantage for today human life, but not every single human has the capacity to use this tool as a positive concept.
The developers tried really hard to keep the game atmosphere in the late 90's, but somehow you can feel that the game is not exactly happening in that era. As a matter of fact, they may have used some recent nowadays elements of lifestyle inside the game structure, unintendedly. I can feel them when I start playing claire 1st scenario, or facing Annette Birkin more. When you compare dialogs & habits of characters to the same ones in the original title, you may agree to my opinion.
But this is certainly NOT a week point for the game. You should see the whole game as an artwork that makes you feel frightened with its story and special effects.

If that's your take on RE, you might want to check out Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I bought it on Amazon because I've wanted to play it. I just installed it on my PS3 and playing through it. It's about a similar theme to what you describe, except Man is trying to conquer nature and evolution through cybernetic augmentation. It's a similar theme to other sci fi movies and books but it is well done. The original Deus Ex came out for PS2. Reading your other thread on getting a PS2, you may be interested in picking that up on eBay or something.
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline AmirRezaTaherSoltani
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 07:40:13 PM »

If that's your take on RE, you might want to check out Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I bought it on Amazon because I've wanted to play it. I just installed it on my PS3 and playing through it. It's about a similar theme to what you describe, except Man is trying to conquer nature and evolution through cybernetic augmentation. It's a similar theme to other sci fi movies and books but it is well done. The original Deus Ex came out for PS2. Reading your other thread on getting a PS2, you may be interested in picking that up on eBay or something.
Dear Titan, thank you for your quote on my comment. I've heard of the franchise, but l haven't tried it yet. It would be interesting to play that game, so now I'm searching for previous releases in the shops. Thank you again for your suggestion!
But I think resident evil is the most realistic franchise in this field at all, because although they got their concept from a fictional movie, they tried to develop it with the atmosphere of " available technology and science " of the time, and this makes the game delicious; because the time that radical fiction was a global favor has passed for about a decade ( I think the optimum outbreak of pure fiction was at the late 90's )  & now people would like concepts that are more realistic & makes sense with today availability. This is the standard that has been kept in RE series more or less.

Offline kopking
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 10:22:24 AM »
I swear the lab was a lot bigger in the original??!?!

Now I've completed it multiple times, the police station is the highlight.. The sewwer, it just all looks the same and loses some of the intrigue...

I really wish the labs where bigger

Cant wait for re3 remake
The drunken, Liverpool supporting, bad spelling, Simpson loving, known as the drunkest of the spaminators, from England
without
alcohol, life would suck! pray for Mojo
beer,solving all your problems & helping ugly people have $ex since 1862.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Tops 5 Million Sold, Surpasses Original PS1 Version
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 06:41:55 PM »

Resident Evil 2 Remake Tops 5 Million Sold, Surpasses Original PS1 Version

Capcom announced the remake of Resident Evil 2 has sold more than five million units worldwide. This is more than the original PlayStation version sold, which sold 4.96 million units.

The remake of Resident Evil 2 launched for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC in January 2019. The original launched for the PlayStation in January 2018.

Earlier this week Capcom announced a remake of Resident Evil 3. It will launch on April 3, 2020 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC via Steam.
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/441752/resident-evil-2-remake-tops-5-million-sold-surpasses-original-ps1-version/

cool that the remake sells better than the original.  i only play a very tiny bit of it back in late 1998 when my middle brother rented for me when i first bought a ps1 and i lost interest so i don't know if this game is that good or not.

But i am happy that the remake sells even better than the original.  the remake got my interest in this game when i saw someone played it via youtube lifestream.  who knows, maybe one day i might pick this up and play it to see if i like it or not.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk