Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: PS5 Event set for June 11  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
PS5 Event set for June 11
« on: June 08, 2020, 09:37:57 PM »
Sony has announced the rescheduled date for their PS5 games event. They're likely to show off some really cool shit!

https://www.cnet.com/news/sony-resets-ps5-games-event-for-june-11-promises-1m-to-black-causes/

Sony resets PS5 games event for June 11, promises $1 million to black causes

Sony will show off new games for its PlayStation 5, launching in the fall. The event had been delayed to allow more focus on George Floyd protests.
Ian Sherr mugshot
Ian Sherr
June 8, 2020 11:00 a.m. PT

Listen
- 03:28
eng-16x9.png

Sony's PS5 event has been moved to June 11.
Sony

Last week, Sony postponed a planned event to show off new games for its upcoming PlayStation 5 video game console, due later this year. At the time, the company said it wanted to "allow more important voices to be heard" as people around the world protested police misconduct and the killing of George Floyd.

Now Sony has a new date for its event: June 11, at 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET. Sony's pretaped event will focus on games, but the company plans to make more announcements ahead of the PS5's launch sometime in the fall.
For more like this
Subscribe to the CNET Now newsletter for our editors' picks for the most important stories of the day.
Yes, I want to receive the CNET Insider Newsletter, keeping me up to date with all things CNET.

By signing up, you agree to the CBS Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.

The company recommends viewers wear headphones while watching the video, because it did "some cool audio work" that's harder to notice on a laptop or phone. Sony also said the event will stream at 1080p and 30 frames per second, much lower than the 4K quality the device is capable of showing. Sony said the video was reduced to ease the production process, since many staff and developers are working from home.
Now playing: PlayStation 5's new controller the DualSense is here
2:51

In an exclusive interview with CNET, Sony's PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan said last week was "no time to celebrate" amid international turmoil and racial strife. But for him and for Sony, the past couple of weeks since graphic videos of Floyd's death while in police custody spread around the globe, have meant introspection about business practices, approach and diversity among his staff.
PlayStation 5 controller

The new controller for Sony's PS5 is lightly more rounded and colorful than its predecessor.
Sony PlayStation

"There are moments in life when something happens around you and you realize that what you've been doing is either not big enough, not good enough, or just wrong. This is such a moment," he said in an email exchange. "We are going to take a good hard look at how we behave as a company, and how we behave towards our community."

As part of that, Sony's PlayStation division pledged $1 million to causes supporting the black community.

The back and forth about Sony's event is the latest example of people and companies attempting to navigate the emotional turbulence gripping the planet. There's the coronavirus pandemic, which has infected more than 7 million people around the world and killed more than 409,000 people since being first discovered in December. Governments across the globe have ordered quarantines of millions of people, nearly bringing economies to a halt and throwing tens of millions of people out of work. Now there are worldwide protests over Floyd too.

Sony's Ryan said the decision to delay the PS5 event was straightforward. The show was already taped and completed, he added, but last week didn't feel like a time to celebrate.
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
Re: PS5 Event set for June 11
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 02:25:58 AM »
that is nice sony is donating $1 million dollars to black causes. B)

Offline BizioEE

• Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 11:54:26 AM »
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Announcement Trailer | PS5

It looks very very nice, and the very fast I/O and SSD is the key feature behind it.
He has the power of both worlds
Girl: What power… beyond my expectations?
AND IT\'S PERSONAL
Demon: No… the legendary Sparda!?
Dante: You\'re right, but I\'m his son Dante!

Offline BizioEE

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 11:56:45 AM »
Horizon Forbidden West - Announcement Trailer | PS5
He has the power of both worlds
Girl: What power… beyond my expectations?
AND IT\'S PERSONAL
Demon: No… the legendary Sparda!?
Dante: You\'re right, but I\'m his son Dante!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk