Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: What is all this hype about Square developing for the X-Box.......WHAT IF.....  (Read 1195 times)

Offline tHe GaMe
    • http://
Square announces they have no plans to support the X-Box, what happens then, I mean all the X-Box fans will start calling Square jackasses who only love Sony, if they decide to develop all of the X-Box fans will be praising Square on it\'s decision either way a Sony fan will win because they have no worries about Square leaving Sony, but an X-Box fan has a worries because they don\'t know what is going on behind close doors with Sony/Square, they already have some big plans for the PS2 next year.  Three games come out from Square, a Final Fantasy movie comes out, Sony is apart of Super Bowl(they will be advertising the PS2 in a big way, I posted this last month from Gameinformer).  Right now Sony is on top of the world, while Microsoft is just finding a way to catch up to Sony\'s big 350 developer list(Which some of them are bought companies that Sony bought last year).  They don\'t need to advertise that much because all the casual gamers are ready to get a PS2 right now, and will wait til more come available. The casual gamer isn\'t going anywhere.

Back to Square supposedly developing for X-Box, so what if they do develop it doesn\'t hurt Sony.  Sony has 350 developers and one of those companies in that list may be able to make RPG\'s better than Square, that\'s the advantage about having all these developers.  You never know in this gaming world who may fall down to the ground.  Look at Acclaim, they use to sit ontop of the world, look at them now, ThQ has taken that place.  Someone can easily replace EA, or Square.  If it wasn\'t for Sony, Square wouldn\'t be were it is today, and they know that.  Sony has so many ways to make a company suceed, they can do it again.  

After the announcement of EA developing for X-Box, I heard more title announcements for the PS2 from EA than X-Box announcements, why because EA knows next year, lots of PS2\'s will be available and will be selling like crazy.  It\'s another launch, this time for the casual gamer.

First we kick off with January, were sites like EB, and others will be able to sell PS2\'s without worrying about running out, because there will be plenty available.  February will be another PS2 sells, we keep trucking until we hit March 2001 were The Bouncer will make it\'s debut, it will sell like crazy.  Now lets skip down to fall were PS2\'s price will drop down, probaly to 230 dollars, for people who wanted to wait til the price drop will get there wish fulfilled.  Fall, is the setting were we will see the other side of Sony, we thought we would never see.
Proud Owner of the Playstation 2, futrue Owner of Nintendo\'s Gamecube.

Sony vs. Nintendo Round 2

Microosft were do you wanna crash today?

Offline tHe GaMe
What is all this hype about Square developing for the X-Box.......WHAT IF.....
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2000, 06:28:55 PM »

Offline ddaryl
  • He shoots, He scores
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2000, 06:44:50 PM »
Everything you\'ve said has been said and debated here a ton of times. I agree with you on pretty much all counts, except for your comment that EA and/or Square could be easily replaced. In all honesty they are pretty much irreplaceable. They are both extremly large developing and publishing houses. If they were to develop for 1 system then the other systems take a hit. There franchises are reasons why alot of gamers buy one system or another.  EA is the largest developer and producer of games in the World

I think most all PS2 fans are tired of the debates and just want to play the games, thats why this topic probably hasn\'t gotten alot of reply\'s

Offline Nplayer-2

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2000, 06:50:52 PM »
It\'s another launch, this time for the casual gamer.

EXACTLY....

i would be VERY VERY VERY surprised if square goes to xbox..after all the money and movie deals sony has given them....

. I\'ve said it before and I\'ll say it again, in terms of ingenuity, exclusivity, and console competition, X-Box brings nothing to the table except a fat wad of cash and some rehashed PC components wrapped with a DC controller and a plastic black box.----RYU

\"With Windows 95, we were standing on the edge of a cliff. With Windows 98, we took a big step forward.\" -- Bill Gates

Offline Animal Mother
  • goldmember
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2000, 07:02:13 PM »
I think Sony has Square in a choke hold now. Square developed for the SNES, ans cancelled all their N64 projects. Well, Square has released Ps2 games. If Square goes Xbox, so be it. Because they will stay with sony
\"You know back before the war broke out I was a saucier in San Antone. I bet I could collar up some of them greens, yeah, some crawfish out the paddy, yo\'! Ha! I\'m makin\' some crabapples for dessert now, Ya hear! Hell yeah, ha!

Offline tHe GaMe
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2000, 07:06:35 PM »
Originally posted by ddaryl
Everything you\'ve said has been said and debated here a ton of times. I agree with you on pretty much all counts, except for your comment that EA and/or Square could be easily replaced. In all honesty they are pretty much irreplaceable. They are both extremly large developing and publishing houses. If they were to develop for 1 system then the other systems take a hit. There franchises are reasons why alot of gamers buy one system or another.  EA is the largest developer and producer of games in the World

I think most all PS2 fans are tired of the debates and just want to play the games, thats why this topic probably hasn\'t gotten alot of reply\'s

Double D, I respect you a whole lot but I have to disagree with you about EA, there is a company out there that can replace them.

Offline tHe GaMe
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2000, 07:06:38 PM »
Originally posted by ddaryl

Double D, I respect you a whole lot but I have to agree with you about EA, there is a company out there that can replace them.

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2000, 07:09:06 PM »
And their name is Visual Concepts...

Offline Dwarrior
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2000, 11:10:25 PM »
Why do we always have to be against someone else?  Can\'t we just enjoy what we have?  It seems some people are afraid that Sony won\'t make it this time and have some serious doubts, because these posts are very new.

If you have serious doubts about Sony, keep it to yourself, everytime you make statements like the one that started this thread it makes PS2 users look like puppies who are afraid of their master.

You notice how everytime someone has serious doubts about anything, they start attacking the competition?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk