Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: PS5 is revealed!  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
PS5 is revealed!
« on: June 11, 2020, 02:52:19 PM »
I admit, I haven't seen the event today but I will after my game tonight (got caught up in stuff today). But I did see the hardware reveal trailer. I'm liking the new design. Definitely futuristic and next gen. But what's something of note is it looks like they're releasing 2 versions of the console. One with a disc drive and one without. And I'm sure the one without with be at least 50 dollars cheaper if not 100 cheaper. That is bad news for GameStop.

And here's a link to today's live stream if you missed it.

Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Online Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
Re: PS5 is revealed!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 06:11:31 PM »
i remember just hours ago i voted that i like the ps5 design on ign.com but thinking it more thoroughly.  i don't like it that much.  some commentators said it looks like a router, lol.  i think ps5 is my least favorite console design out of all 5 ps franchise.  my most favorite ps design from most to least is ps2, ps4, ps1, ps3, and ps5 last.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 07:31:24 PM »
Well I remember there was a lot of hate on the PS2 design. Actually, some commentary I still see today looking back on it, it's still considered controversial in some respects. And the PS3? We all remember the hate they got for the whole pre and post launch. The Spiderman font is still made fun of lol. But really, at the end of the day whether I like it or hate it, Sony is still getting my money for it. They could have nailed the motherboard to a block of wood and called it a day and I'd still end up forking over money for it, lol.

Offline BizioEE

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 11:48:19 AM »
I honestly prefer the XSX Design, more compact and simple, but for some unknown reasons I like it a lot.
 I also like the PS5 Design, more "futuristic", and more risky in the sense you might like it or you might not. It's big, I was not expecting PS5 to be so tall in the vertical position.  Anyway, it's a Day One :)
He has the power of both worlds
Girl: What power… beyond my expectations?
AND IT\'S PERSONAL
Demon: No… the legendary Sparda!?
Dante: You\'re right, but I\'m his son Dante!

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 05:15:23 AM »
I can understand why you like the XSX design. Microsoft has kind of gone minimalist the last couple generations. But when they design their consoles, they want them to blend into your entertainment center. But Sony takes the opposite approach. They've always had criticism of their designs. They want it to stand out. I don't think they've had a console that didn't get made fun of (but it seems everyone liked the PS3 slim design). Quite frankly, I don't care. XSX looks like a mini fridge and the PS5 looks like a router. And that's ok. As long as it cools and functions properly, I'm fine with it. We don't want a red ring or yellow light of death again because design was more important than cooling.

Online Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 10:51:04 AM »
see.  its not just some commentators that said ps5 lookd like a router.  even you and me included think it looks like a router too.  lol. :D

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 06:56:54 AM »
see.  its not just some commentators that said ps5 lookd like a router.  even you and me included think it looks like a router too.  lol. :D

And the original PS4 looked like an eraser lol. But I care about function over design. If it cools and reliable, I don't care. The PS4 as weird as it was is the only Sony console I haven't had some issue with besides my PS2 Slim. My PS2 fat and PS3 slim both had the laser burn out and I had to replace them (surprised about the PS3 slim because it wasn't a super common issue as far as I know. But IIRC, the PS3 had the disc read error like a month out of warranty lol). My original PlayStation now even has an issue reading discs. I have to stand it upright to read. And it's the model that's supposed to have fixed that issue. What's weird is it worked just fine before it got stored for like a decade. Guess sitting did something to the drive. I'll have to crack it open and figure it out. May just need to be cleaned and lubricated.

Online Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 01:03:11 PM »
yeah, lol, the ps4 does looks like an eraser.  reminds me of 7 years ago when someone made a pic on ign.com comments section, depicting ps4 as an eraser erasing xbox one console because of the xbox one's price tag.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk