Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Xbox Series X Runs Xbox One Games at a Higher Frame Rate  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
Xbox Series X Runs Xbox One Games at a Higher Frame Rate
« on: September 28, 2020, 12:43:18 PM »

Several gaming outlets have released hands-on previews of the Xbox Series X today and VentureBeat tested Xbox One games running on the Xbox Series X to see how well they perform on the next-generation console. The results showed that games that run on the Xbox One with an unlocked framerate or dynamic resolution see a boost on the Xbox Series X.

Grand Theft Auto IV saw around a 25 percent boost in frame rate from an average of 48 frames per second (fps) on the Xbox One X to 60 fps on the Xbox Series X. Final Fantasy XV saw a boost from 42 fps to 59 fps and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice jumped from 37 fps to 60 fps.

No Man's Sky runs at a locked 30 fps on the Xbox One, which means the game doesn't take advantage of the better hardware of the Xbox Series X.

The hands-on preview reveals the Xbox Series X has 802 GB of usable space, lets you suspend up to six games at a time using the Quick Resume feature, and greatly reduces the load times of many Xbox One games.

The Xbox Series X and Series S will launch worldwide on November 10.
https://www.vgchartz.com/article/445549/xbox-series-x-runs-xbox-one-games-at-a-higher-frame-rate/

very cool and good news too.  i wonder if this is also the case with ps4 games running on ps5 console.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
Re: Xbox Series X Runs Xbox One Games at a Higher Frame Rate
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 08:46:43 AM »
It is pretty impressive. It's nice that Microsoft really puts a lot of emphasis on backwards compatibility and put time into developing it to make the experience better. I wish Sony got their shit together on backwards compatibility. Not that it matters to me. I still play on the original hardware (except PS1 games. Those get played on my PS2 and occasionally on my PS3). But as these things age and break (which they will), the average person may not opt to fix their consoles like I would. If you can't play old games on new hardware, collections just collect dust and become useless. But hey, Sony's unwillingness to do backwards compatibility really suits my business model! Sony consoles sell (minus the PS1) quickly and at decent prices. Microsoft consoles are harder to sell because new consoles are backwards compatible. And the average Joe doesn't have space in their entertainment center for all these consoles. The vast majority won't build a custom entertainment center to house a million game consoles lol.
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
Re: Xbox Series X Runs Xbox One Games at a Higher Frame Rate
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 09:51:32 AM »
the ps5 is actually backward compatible with ps4 games.  the only games that aren't backward compatible are ps3, ps2, an ps1 games if i remember correctly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk