Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Brother bought me a oculus rift.  (Read 4348 times)

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
    • §ôµÏG®ïñD'§ Electrical / Electronics shit.
  • PSN ID: SoulGrind81
Brother bought me a oculus rift.
« on: July 30, 2017, 02:53:22 AM »
Yep, he asked me if i wanted a ps4, i said i'd rather a oculus rift (joking) and he bought me one. I'm still waiting on it since they seem to be in high demand atm. They have a deal on to get the Oculus and Controllers together pretty cheap with free shipping.

When i get it i'll keep u guys updated. It may take awhile.  :shame:
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
Re: Brother bought me a oculus rift.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 07:41:45 AM »
Haha. Yeah. I'm curious to see how you like it. I was reading that Facebook dropped the price because people weren't buying it. Not surprising considering the price and the lack of support right now. I also haven't heard much about anything in the works from Sony in terms of games either. Kind of a shame because I really want to buy a VR headset but some AAA titles need to come out for it. I think VR is the next big advancement in gaming but adoption seems to be the trouble right now.
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 01:27:12 AM »
He couldn't wait and cancelled the order. Got a Vive instead, it's pretty cool but is limited by decent games. Waiting for Fallout VR to come out to give it a good go. Right now I've mostly been playing demos. Don't wanna shell out $$ for games unless they're worth it.
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 02:03:36 PM »
Fallout would be an amazing game to use VR for. Actually, VR can revolutionize any open world game, as long as adoption rates go up and they do a good job on it.

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 08:31:16 PM »
Tried a few games, Batman VR (more of a demo really) is awesome and freaky at points. Front Defense is awesome but requires at least 2 x 2meter space. 

Gorn is another great game but again requires a lot of space. I've got a 3m x 2m space and still find myself hitting stuff with the controllers.

Drop dead i have on GearVR but thought i'd try it on the Vive. It's pretty much the same game except better graphics and the ability to use the weapons like real guns ie not looking where to shot but aiming with the guns themselves.

Project Cars although a good game, is terrible on this. Low res graphics make it almost painful to play. It looks like Daytona on the Saturn and you can't change the res. WTF!

Will let u know more as i get my grubby dirty little hands on more titles.
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 09:02:15 PM »
Well i've been playing it off and on for awhile now. Not much more to report, tried Skyrim with  a program called VorpX.  Interesting concept but fails. Without controller support, using head tracking to aim is just basically outright shit. Will be getting fallout VR when it's released so that'll be interesting, gotta wait for skyrimVR though.

Haven't tried to many new games, VR atm suffers from mobile style gameplay. Most games are very basic and limited in what you can even do. I'm TIRED of seeing zombie VR games. Move on already developers, WTF! Zombie games in general are just overdone at this point.

ohh and hi.
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 06:51:42 AM »
Well i've been playing it off and on for awhile now. Not much more to report, tried Skyrim with  a program called VorpX.  Interesting concept but fails. Without controller support, using head tracking to aim is just basically outright shit. Will be getting fallout VR when it's released so that'll be interesting, gotta wait for skyrimVR though.

Haven't tried to many new games, VR atm suffers from mobile style gameplay. Most games are very basic and limited in what you can even do. I'm TIRED of seeing zombie VR games. Move on already developers, WTF! Zombie games in general are just overdone at this point.

ohh and hi.

So basically, you experience with Skyrim would have been comparable to using the Power Glove ;)

That's a shame. Also the reason I'm not investing in VR right now. The problem is, and it's my critique of the industry right now, is they are afraid to take chances. Just grab a game by the balls and just run with it. Not surprised by you reporting a lot of zombie games. They know it's a safe bet for people to buy. How about taking a chance with a flight sim game? Or a war game? Or a racing game? VR has so much potential but it seems like it's getting bottlenecked by developers lack of taking chances.

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 11:51:30 PM »
My Vive is basically collecting dust at this point. Not enough developers making games for it and what games there are, are still way to basic for my likes. Tried skyrimVR and it's shit.
It has head tracking, moving hands via controllers but u have to select objects like you do with a controller / keyboard. You can't just reach down and pick up items. Haven't played it for ages so they have updated that.
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 12:48:01 AM »
Quick little update, Played Halflife Alyx on the vive. Easily the best game yet hands down. This game is the way VR should be done.  I still have a few others to try but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Also have a mate developing his own VR game, another zombie shooter but that seems to be the rage for Vr.
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk