Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Changing a Dreamcast clock battery  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
Changing a Dreamcast clock battery
« on: December 19, 2020, 08:53:52 AM »
So I have a lot of free time on my hands so I'm giving this YouTube thing a go (it keeps me occupied lol). I'm trying a new video editing program that can actually run on my ancient computer so I slapped this together as a test. My Dreamcast asks me to put in the time every time it boots. So I fixed that. Video below on how to do that. You can actually see half my gorgeous face and see what Titan looks like IRL  :headbang:

Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
Re: Changing a Dreamcast clock battery
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 02:42:28 PM »
lol titan on seeing half of your gorgeous face on video.  cute indeed.  titan is going to freak out that i said that.  i just skimped to the part that showed your face and then go back to the beginning to watch a little bit of it and didn't bother to watch the whole entire video.  sorry, i get bored easily.

btw, i just checked the stats of your video.  i was surprised that it said the frame rate is 25 fps for the video.  did you shoot this in 25 fps or you edited it to 25 fps?

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 08:28:43 AM »
btw, i just checked the stats of your video.  i was surprised that it said the frame rate is 25 fps for the video.  did you shoot this in 25 fps or you edited it to 25 fps?

I dunno. I thought I shot in 60 fps 1080p. The editing program may have downscaled it for YouTube.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 03:44:20 PM »
i see.  strange indeed.

Offline §ôµÏG®ïñD

• ñµñ©Håkµ må§tË®
  • Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë
    • §ôµÏG®ïñD'§ Electrical / Electronics shit.
  • PSN ID: SoulGrind81
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 08:23:42 PM »
Sweet as.. at some point i should do the same with my DC.

Been thinking of doing repair vids for awhile. I repair amps, guitar pedals, guitars and random electronic things every now and then. (outside of repair Motorola radios (my job))
  Ǧµî✟å® Ĵµñķîë!!  

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 09:35:33 AM »
Sweet as.. at some point i should do the same with my DC.

Been thinking of doing repair vids for awhile. I repair amps, guitar pedals, guitars and random electronic things every now and then. (outside of repair Motorola radios (my job))

Do it. It's cheap to get the battery and holder. It really does take about as long as it takes in the video I made. For someone like you it's probably a 15 minute repair, if that. I have to hand it to Sega. The Dreamcast is super easy to take apart. I'm also working on a video of Dreamcast controller reconditioning of two trashed controllers and disassembling them is so freaking easy. I should be done shooting today. I can probably make 25 bucks a piece off them too.

If you do make videos share them. I'd love to see them! To get into it you just have to grab a camera and do them. You get better as time goes on. I mean, I went to school for film and TV production so I have a background in shooting and editing so the learning curve on editing was low for me. But I am using a new video editor called Shotcut. It's a free open source video editor that is easy to learn and has a lot of tutorials. It's good for people just starting out. I was using DaVinci Resolve on my laptop but it really works best on a two monitor setup. I can't use it on my desktop because it's 10 years old and doesn't meet the system requirements lol. I love Resolve because it's super powerful and you can do a lot, but it's a steep learning curve if you aren't familiar with video editing programs.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 08:48:57 AM »
I made another Dreamcast video. This time with 2 junked controllers I bought off Goodwill Auctions.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 04:27:42 PM »
i just watched like only a couple minutes of your video and i was like ewww when you showed the dc controllers with some kind of stain on it and when you said it's some kind of blood or chocolate?  i agree its quite disgusting.  but i was surprised you seem pretty cool about it.  sorry i didn't watch the rest as i get bored easily.  this time, i get to see your whole entire face on the video near the beginning of it.  you have aged somewhat.  i remember like about 15 years or so ago, you looked a lot younger when you posted a pic of yourself.  how time had fly by.  you still look good and another good thing about you is that you still have hair on your head.  if i guess correctly like half of the white men have receding hair line as soon as in their late 20s but you are near mid 30 but you still have lots of hair on your head and that is good genes i say.

anyway, what i have learned when i turned 30 years old or around there is to appreciate my 30s age because i didn't appreciate how young and somewhat good looking i looked when i was in my late teens and the rest of my 20s.  because i know by the time i turned 40 and later in the future.  i aged even more and look even less attractive than my 30s.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 08:34:39 AM »
i just watched like only a couple minutes of your video and i was like ewww when you showed the dc controllers with some kind of stain on it and when you said it's some kind of blood or chocolate?  i agree its quite disgusting.  but i was surprised you seem pretty cool about it.  sorry i didn't watch the rest as i get bored easily.  this time, i get to see your whole entire face on the video near the beginning of it.  you have aged somewhat.  i remember like about 15 years or so ago, you looked a lot younger when you posted a pic of yourself.  how time had fly by.  you still look good and another good thing about you is that you still have hair on your head.  if i guess correctly like half of the white men have receding hair line as soon as in their late 20s but you are near mid 30 but you still have lots of hair on your head and that is good genes i say.

anyway, what i have learned when i turned 30 years old or around there is to appreciate my 30s age because i didn't appreciate how young and somewhat good looking i looked when i was in my late teens and the rest of my 20s.  because i know by the time i turned 40 and later in the future.  i aged even more and look even less attractive than my 30s.

Lol. Yeah. I mean, I'm not really squeamish so the grossness doesn't bother me. Plus when you work on things like this, you never know what you're gonna walk into so you can't really think about what's coating the outside and inside of these electronics. I haven't run into this yet, but a lot of electronics repair techs say it's not uncommon to find roaches and bugs inside electronics they're fixing. I'm about to edit a 2 part episode of the dustiest thing I've ever worked on and I have no idea what was in that dust lol.

I've definitely aged. I'm like 2x the age from when I posted that pic when I was a teen lol. But I think I've aged well, considering the heavy drinking and chain smoking I did in my early to mid 20s lol. But I did get lucky with my hair. My dad is bald and my brother isn't too far behind and he's only a couple years older than me. But I got my mom's side genes when it comes to hair. My grandfather didn't even lose his hair when he went through chemo therapy when he had cancer. My hairline hasn't receded at all. But all things considered, I've aged very well I think. I still get confused for being in my 20s which ain't bad. And the funny thing is my girlfriend is a petite ginger girl who is the same as me; looks a lot younger than she actually is so it's funny people assume we are a very young couple.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 06:57:12 AM »
yeah.  that is what i thought and believe was the case is that your hairline didn't recede at all but i didn't word it better, lol.

when you said ...what is coating outside and inside reminds me i was a potato over 2 years and 10ish months ago.  that was the last time i became a potato and haven't since but some people got the wrong misconception thinking i am still a potato when i am not.  because i sleep too much on the right side of my head, probably like 90ish % of the time that i sleep on the right side turns me like this.  not just sleep but even when i am awake sitting up, awake standing up, or awake walking, my head and body tilted to the right side of my body like 90ish % of the time too and the other nearly like 10% of the time, i noticed it and try to straighten my spine and head but its not as comfortable because of the head injury on the left side of my head.  the left side of my head is lighter than the right side because of the injury that my head tilted to the right side because of gravity.

because of my head tilted to the right side when i am awaked and i sleep mostly on my right side instead of on my back that i eventually become a potato.  and lately this past 6ish years, i did tried to sleep on my left a little and it works somewhat.  like 90% or higher of the time my head tilted to the right when i am awake and sleep mostly on the right side when i am asleep, my head was like that 24 hours a day, 7 days a week that turn me into a potato.

2 years and 10ish months which was the last time i became a potato, they try to embarrassed me and they control me and made me blushed that i didn't dare become a potato anymore.  i got embarrassed but i am not shameful because my head and spine wasn't straighten when i am awake and very, very, very rarely was i able to sleep on my back.  even when i sleep on my back, its only like a short nap which is like maybe 15 minutes to like an hour and then i couldn't sleep on my back anymore that i usually turned to my right side of my body in order for me to sleep again.  maybe like one out of like 5 years was i able to sleep on my back for the full sleep time of like 9 hours or so.  and maybe like 1 out of 2 or 3 years was i able to sleep on my back for like 15 minutes to an hour which is like a short nap before i lost my sleep and i turn to my right side to sleep again.

explaining this today make me feel relieve and lighter.  people still call me potato lately even though i wasn't anymore for nearly 3 years and they didn't understand why i think.  thanks to you titan for bringing up about coating outside and inside which gives me an opportunity to clear up some misunderstaning.  i feel better now.

anyway, you look like you could pass as a 22 years old person when you don't make facial expressions where you don't get wrinkle on your face but when you make facial expression, you look like your age somewhat though.  still good genes though especially your hair which are still intact.  sorry to hear that your grandpa has or had cancer and i hope he is doing well today.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 12:20:42 PM by Paul2 »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2021, 08:17:47 AM »
anyway, you look like you could pass as a 22 years old person when you don't make facial expressions where you don't get wrinkle on your face but when you make facial expression, you look like your age somewhat though.  still good genes though especially your hair which are still intact.  sorry to hear that your grandpa has or had cancer and i hope he is doing well today.

Oh. He's dead. He's been dead since like 1998 or 1999. It wasn't the cancer. He just had poor health and was diabetic. His wife (my grandma obviously) only died a couple years ago. My grandma and grandfather on my dad's side are both still alive. My grandfather is doing meh. But my grandma is still zipping around.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 12:08:06 PM »
sorry to hear that both of your grandparents on your mother side are dead.  hope they reincarnated after they died.  my grandpa on my mom's side died in 1994 and my grandma on my mom's side died in 1999.  i hope they also reincarnated after they died.  i don't know anything about my grandparents on my dad's side since my dad lived in vietnam and possibly both of my grandparents on his side also live in vietnam but they were probably dead too i think.

my mom brought us to philippine in 1990 and we moved to america in 1991 when i was a kid so i don't know anything about my granparents on my dad's side.  but i heard that my dad died in around 2000ish like 2002 or 2003.  possibly from old age.  he was in his early 70s or so when we moved to phillipine in 1990.  he had me when he was possibly in his mid or late 60 year of age.

my relative possibly my uncle brought my grandparents on my mom's side to america in 1993.  my mom left my dad behind in vietnam possibly because he was abusive.  he beat me up when i was like 5 as the earliest memory i had though.  there were a language barrier because he spoke in chinese and i spoke in vietnamese and i am not sure what he is talking about when he beats me and i reponse back in vietnamese that i didn't do it but he still beats me.  i think he is also abusive toward my mother too.  anyway, i hope he reincarnated after he died though.

i am just thankful my mother brought us to america.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 12:52:17 PM by Paul2 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk