Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: lack of decent new PSX2 games  (Read 1059 times)

lack of decent new PSX2 games
« on: December 22, 2000, 01:59:10 PM »
I payed £600 on auction site for PSX2?.. and am happy with the money I spent, but I think about the £150 Dreamcast + 3 games high streets are selling.... The DC seems to have better games like Quake 3, MSR, Marvel vs Capcom 2, SNK vs Capcom, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Virtua Tennis and with games like Daytona USA and Streets of rage 4 coming for DC..... The PSX2 and DC are both 128bit, but it seems the less powerful and far cheaper underdog is better ???? what do you PSX2 owners think??... I must admit I feel a bit "conned".... where are the mind blowing games Sony promised and hyped up so much???

Jumpman
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2000, 02:11:18 PM »
Hey welcome to the forums,ley me give you tip:never start a negative(or even slighty negative)topic about the PS2. You will get insults,lots of them...Just a tip.:D

I too feel the PS2 games out right now are a dispointment, and I too feel the DC is the better deal by far, but the best is yet to come on the PS2.It will get better,have faith.

where are the mind blowing games Sony promised and hyped up so much???

There coming...through the course of next year that is. You just have to have a little patience.Right now there is basically nothing,but don\'t panic.MGS2,FFX,and GT3 are all coming out next year.Until then...play your DC(I\'m assuming you have one),watch some DVDs,or laugh at a urinating dog!

Offline Living-In-Clip

• Legendary Member
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2000, 02:19:11 PM »
Originally posted by The_Main_Event
I payed £600 on auction site for PSX2?.. and am happy with the money I spent, but I think about the £150 Dreamcast + 3 games high streets are selling.... The DC seems to have better games like Quake 3, MSR, Marvel vs Capcom 2, SNK vs Capcom, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Virtua Tennis and with games like Daytona USA and Streets of rage 4 coming for DC..... The PSX2 and DC are both 128bit, but it seems the less powerful and far cheaper underdog is better ???? what do you PSX2 owners think??... I must admit I feel a bit "conned".... where are the mind blowing games Sony promised and hyped up so much???

This is a prime example of researching before you buy a huge price for something. People listen to hype too much and then spend too much money for something that may not be happy with.

But, bright side is, come March the PS2 will have quite af ew compelling games. Until then though, your **** out of luck, unless you get SSX and TimeSplitters.

Offline SirTim
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2000, 02:28:26 PM »
I payed £600 on auction site for PSX2?

£600 ??? Ouch!! Isn\'t that about $900US right now? That\'s pretty high. Most PS2 systems are auctioning for around $500 right now on places like Amazon or Ebay.

Livin-In-Clip is right--I wouldn\'t have payed near that much unless I knew FOR SURE that it was a system I\'d be happy with. Like by doing actual testing on a rental or playing a friend\'s. And as has been discussed on these forums many times over, your taste in games is VERY important in deciding which console to buy. If you love Sega games, buy the Sega system, etc.
\"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.\" -- Albert Einstein

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2000, 04:25:19 PM »
Yep, so in other words I got conned.... but I\'m gonna make sure I bloody get my moneys worth.

Offline Living-In-Clip

• Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2000, 04:27:40 PM »
Yep, so in other words I got conned.... but I\'m gonna make sure I bloody get my moneys worth.

Conned? No. I wouldn\'t use that word. I would say you made the mistake of buying something, without doing proper research on it and relying on hype alone. That is never a good idea. You won\'t get your moneys worth until around March! Sorry! :(

BAH
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2000, 01:49:29 AM »
bah by then ps2 will be readily available for retail price..

well, i guess its just a case of spoling one\'s self.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk