Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Which is better? RF switch or something else?  (Read 1282 times)

Which is better? RF switch or something else?
« on: December 23, 2000, 10:53:58 AM »
I\'ve always had a T.V that only has an out-going cable thread. I have read things about different connections to your T.V (RF switch or other) from the console, affecting the quality of the graphics or "looks" of the game. Can anyone shine the light???? :confused:

Offline MattPS2k

Wallpaper Freak
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2000, 01:29:41 PM »
RF is the worst picture input you could use. The only reason Sony makes the RF switches is for people who have older TVs with no RCA or better inputs. But, if you have a VCR on your TV i reccomend using the RCA cables (Red, White, Yellow) for your setup. But, if you want the best quality, look into S-Video, Optical, or Component video cables. They rock! ;)
[>_<][^_^][o_O][-_-][*_*][O_-]

Offline Living-In-Clip

• Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2000, 02:23:22 PM »
RF cables send all the data thru one cable. Therefor its the worse you can get (feel free to correct me if wrong, as always). I recommend the MONSTER Cables.

I have to use an RF adapter, cause my TV set is older. Trust me, its not that good. If you can avoid using an RF connection, your best off.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2000, 07:33:24 PM »
I use RGB Scart, it\'s just below VGA.

Offline MattPS2k

Wallpaper Freak
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2000, 07:42:14 PM »
RGB Scart must be NICE. I run my DC thru VGA and boy, is it sweet! Cant get any better. But, PS2 thru almost VGA, ahh heaven!
[>_<][^_^][o_O][-_-][*_*][O_-]

Offline Zavijava
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2000, 08:27:07 PM »
Originally posted by wiser than thou
I\'ve always had a T.V that only has an out-going cable thread. I have read things about different connections to your T.V (RF switch or other) from the console, affecting the quality of the graphics or "looks" of the game. Can anyone shine the light???? :confused:

Sorry to point out the obvious, but isn\'t your name and post slightly incongruent? Good luck with the connections, and welcome to the forums.
It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Offline unknown
  • Radio Transmission
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2000, 08:34:22 PM »
Originally posted by Zavijava
Originally posted by wiser than thou

Sorry to point out the obvious, but isn\'t your name and post slightly incongruent? Good luck with the connections, and welcome to the forums. [/B]

i know buddy with a name like that you gotta feel stupid to ask a question like that, of course rf is the crappiest, that why the ps2 didnt come with rf it came with composite rca cables they figured they would give you the secont to last crappiest, s video is second to best and component is the best, i dont know anything about scart as i dont live in europe, or where ever ythey have it, so my advice to you... GET A BETTER TV!
\"So are you going to kill her off?\"
Are you insane! I love her character, she stays.
\"The only thing loves done is put you in this position, I say kill her off!\"
Yeah, but you say a lot of things..
and how does that work....  You\'re a bicycle..

[/i][/size]

Offline KillaX
  • Flopping in the H2O
  • Legendary Member
    • http://www.bsatroop273.org
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2000, 09:00:59 PM »
there is a setback........if you run your PS2 through your VCR to your TV through Coax the Macromedia (copy prtect thing pops up)....My TV only has the Coax ookup and it is 5 years old or so....I have 3 sets of Monster cables.....
1. S-video to the TV in the living room so the folks can watch DVD\'s and the dog doesnt go ballistic....(darn coward of a dog)
2. RGB for the VCR-TV hookup....
3. RF for the TV to watch DVD\'s in my room when I want to watch my DVD\'s

one question....do i really need my RGB one since it is going through the coax to the TV?

ScottyJ
It is the Beast the Anti-slag come to live among us for and rule us for 7 years...the end is Nigh!

And I am a member if the G.A.P.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk