Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Got a new job!  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
Got a new job!
« on: March 20, 2021, 08:25:20 AM »
Sorry I haven't been around much. Been crazy the last couple months between my ebay business, my YouTube channel and now I've gotten a new job. It's part time but it's my foot in the door. I accepted a job as a carpenter's apprentice. I needed to get out of the corporate world because it sucks like a mother fucker. That and being home all the time unemployed was weighing heavily on my mental health. It's a lot of fun. I split my time between the shop and on the job site. And my boss is mega cool and teaching me everything I need to know about construction. So far I can see myself doing this for a living. We'll see where this goes but I know I'm on the right path.
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline Kurt Angle

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: Supes1975
Re: Got a new job!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 10:14:24 AM »
Congrats on the new job. Its been a pretty shitty year in general for everyone really with all this covid crap so lets hope for a much better year now or all of us.  :thumbsup:

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 01:36:52 PM »
congratulations on your new job.  you are pretty smart with your carpenter works that you did.  it did impresses me.  no need to be sorry.  its been a pretty depressing year for me as well as it does affect my mental health too being home many to most of the time.  lets hope the gym opens for steam, sauna, jacuzzi too so i can go to the gym with my brother and do the spas.  the pool is open by now i think but i don't want to go swimming without the spas.  the water is cold and i need to be warmed up before doing the swimming.

hopefully by mid next month, the spa is also open too.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 04:04:24 PM by Paul2 »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 06:46:00 PM »
Congrats on the new job. Its been a pretty shitty year in general for everyone really with all this covid crap so lets hope for a much better year now or all of us.  :thumbsup:

Seems to be getting better. You guys still in total lockdown across the pond?

congratulations on your new job.  you are pretty smart with your carpenter works that you did.  it did impresses me.  no need to be sorry.  its been a pretty depressing year for me as well as it does affect my mental health too being home many to most of the time.  lets hope the gym opens for steam, sauna, jacuzzi too so i can go to the gym with my brother and do the spas.  the pool is open by now i think but i don't want to go swimming without the spas.  the water is cold and i need to be warmed up before doing the swimming.

hopefully by mid next month, the spa is also open too.

Now that I've been working, I've felt pretty good about myself. That and my eBay business has done very well lately so that's an ego boost. I can't keep things in stock! And since my job is pretty physically intense, I'm getting in much better shape lol. The COVID gut I had has pretty much disappeared lol. I went through some dark times and got myself on anti-depressants but now that I'm working and feeling better, I may see when I talk to my doctor next about getting off them.

Chin up paul. Things are getting better. I'm sure by summer time things will be much more open. The vaccines are going like they're candy right now.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 09:48:16 PM »
surprise to know that you are taking anti-depressant.  i couldn't tell that you are depress from some of the videos that you posted.  you look normal in the videos.  but i did kind of tell you look sad in one of the pictures that you posted a few years ago.  one of the pics that you posted has a cat in it and you look sad in that pic.

hope things get better for you ever since you got a new job that you love.  i am not sure if i can wait till summer to do spa.  it will be like 3 more months when summer comes and i am not sure i can wait that long.  the depression and loneliness is killing me.  so hopefully, the sooner the spas open, the better for me.  not just me but for many people too when they reduce the restrictions on the lockdown.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 12:27:12 PM »
surprise to know that you are taking anti-depressant.  i couldn't tell that you are depress from some of the videos that you posted.  you look normal in the videos.  but i did kind of tell you look sad in one of the pictures that you posted a few years ago.  one of the pics that you posted has a cat in it and you look sad in that pic.

The picture where I'm with my cat and I'm looking off camera? I shot it like that lol. I wasn't depressed then. As for the YouTube, people with depression do tend to hide it well. Even at my worst, in social situations you would never guess with how outgoing I can be. Before it went full blown because of what's been going on, my depression kind of came and went in waves. My girlfriend thinks it tends to be situational which is normal. Last couple months, I've been pretty good.

Hang in there Paul. You've come a year so far. Just gotta try to go a little longer. What helped me was occupying my mind with game collecting and console repair....which unfortunately is having an adverse effect of the amount of usable space in my house lol. You don't have to do that obviously but something you enjoy to occupy your mind and keep it off the loneliness.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 03:36:11 PM »
yeah, the picture where you took with your cat.  good to know you are not depress then and even better that you are mostly off depression in this past couple months.  hopefully you are off depression completely from now on and never experience depression again.

thank you for the kind words and good suggestions.  my depression comes and goes too this past 6 years of my life and it make me lost interests in many things like watching movies and playing videogames.  like rarely to seldom do i watch new movies or play videogames.  i wish i could do both to occupy my time during these lockdown time.  luckily, the only interest i have left during depression is listening to musics so i listen to musics way too much every day and there are moments where it make me feel sick and tired of listening to too many musics that i want to do something else like watching new movies or play video games or at least go to the gym and do the spas and swim.  but i count my blessings.  it could have been way worst though.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 07:05:08 PM »
I could be feeling better because of the meds. I dunno. I'll find out when I'm off them lol. If my doctor takes me off them. Either way, even before and definitely after, I did have my bouts and I do get depressed from time to time. Sometimes it was so bad I didn't want to do things I liked like video games and whatnot or even get out of bed. But with the meds I'm on? Is my upbeatness lately because I'm feeling more productive or because of the meds? Again, I'll find out when I'm off them.

Nothing's stopping you from doing both. If you feel like watching movies one day, do that. If you feel like playing video games, do that. And there's nothing wrong with listening to music. Music has gotten me through some of the worst times of my life. It's amazing the power it has. If you really like music, perhaps pick up an instrument that interests you. Learn how to play. Back in college I used to play my guitar (poorly) and write lyrics and it was a great outlet for me at that time.Just some suggestions :) Part of this whole corona thing (at least for me) was rediscovering myself. I lost my job and needed to shift my focus elsewhere otherwise I probably would have gone insane. And I do have a good woman who helped me through it :)

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 08:22:01 PM »
yeah.  i love musics too.  its just that i spend way too much time listening to musics every day that i got sick and tired of it.  many of the times, i lost interest in movies and videogames that it might takes me months to watch a movie and the same can be said about videogames too.  i lost interest in it that it might take me months to get back interest to play videogames again.  while musics, i listen to it everyday for hours and hours that it made me wish i could do something else different to not get sick and tired of it.

i love tae-kwon-do and other martial arts that i wish i could practice it at the park but because of corona virus, i haven't practicing it at all for a little over a year now that it made me wish i could practice it again.  i am just waiting for the day when they ease the restrictions of the lockdown more before i practice it at the park.  practicing martial arts at the park is a good exercise, so is swimming at the gym for me.

learning to play a new instrument is not for me though.  but thank you for the nice suggestion.  nearly 8 years ago, i bought a guitar and learned to play it but it gets harder and harder as i progress that i stop playing it.  half of my head is injured that i have trouble concentrating to practice it.  then my 2nd music teacher dropped my guitar that the strings are broken and sound weird and when i did get it fix, the strings are so sharp that it hurt my left hand fingers that i stop learning or playing on the guitar anymore.  that was like 7 years ago when my 2nd music teacher dropped my guitar.  probably like months to like a year later or so, i completely forgotten on how to read the notes on the music sheets that i don't know which note to strum this note or that note on the guitar.   i didn't miss it at all though on playing on the guitar or forgotten on how to read the notes.

while practicing tae kwon do or other martial arts or swimming is in my blood.  i love practicing it and i still not good at tae kwon do or other martial arts but i have fun practicing it and who knows, if i am lucky i might get good at it one day.  like the saying goes, practice makes perfect.  same with swimming, nearly 2 months before the lockdown of last year, i finally get decent at swimming in frog like style at the gym after not practicing it for a year or two that it made me happy that my swimming in frog style has improved.  so now i am struggling to patiently wait until they ease the restrictions some more so i can do the spas and swimming at the gym.  and practice martial arts at the park.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 12:51:51 PM by Paul2 »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 07:08:46 PM »
Wait. So you can't practice martial arts in the park? Is California that in lockdown that you aren't allowed in parks? In my state, we've been allowed in parks since like June or July. And our governor got quite strict for a while.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 07:47:59 PM »
you are allow to practice martial arts in the park.  you are also allow to walk in the park too since the lockdown last march.  but i don't want to practice martial arts at the park because i am afraid i might get infected with corona virus especially if i practice the front flip where i hands touch the grass ground when i do the front flip.  i am afraid i might get corona virus spread to my hands and i might accidently rub my head and face with it and i might get sick.

other martial arts moves don't require me to touch the grass with my hands but i still feel uncomfortable doing it yet because of covid-19.  for about a year, i been walking around the park everyday or almost everyday as exercise but i haven't bother practicing martial arts yet until the disease is in the clear.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 03:06:27 PM »
Damn. I can't believe I forgot to update you all on this. It's been a crazy few weeks. So I quit my job as a carpenters apprentice and ended up getting a full time job doing maintenance in an apartment complex. I got it at the beginning of September so I've been so focused on that. It's a pretty good and easy gig and learning a lot about construction. Though right now we're renovating an apartment that had roaches. It's fucking disgusting.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2021, 03:08:21 PM »
congratulations on your new job.  how do you like your new job so far?  is the pay as good as your older job if you don't mind me asking?

yesterday, i was planning on updating on how much i have improved on my mixed martial arts practice as i have practice it for about 4 months and 4 days already but my internet was down yesterday and today my internet is working again.  today, i got email notifications on my laptop after i restarted it and i received 2 emails from spectrum saying that they have an outage yesterday and it won't be back up running again until 1 p.m. yesterday but my internet wasn't up until today though.

so now, i finally was about to use the internet to post a message here.  so anyway, after about 3 to 4 months of practicing martial arts, some of my moves improve a little.  yesterday which is about 4 months and 4 days have passed, i improve even more so.  especially on the move #4 that i did and at set 4 i was able to jump higher as i did that move and i was so happy that i said i was so excited that i finally improve on that move.  one of the happiest moments of my life and i plan on updating it here about it but the internet was down yesterday though so now the internet is working is where i was able to update it.

i thought it might take some more months to see any improvement on that move and i was a little worried that i might not improve it at all but yesterday i finally get a big improvement on that move so i was very, very happy.

the first 2 to 3 months, i practice on and off because of injuries on my foot where i step something sharp on the grass that it bleed a little that i let it heal up for like 10 days before practicing it again on two different times.  after 3 months, i practice once every week days and take weekend off and on the 2nd week of the 5 week days, on friday, my feet get tired from over practicing that i change my strategy and practice once every 2 days on week days and taken weekends off.  it was much better that way that my feet don't get as tired from over 1 hour and half practicing it that i couldn't jump as higher from the tiredness if i practice once every day.

yesterday, i take longer break time doing move #4 as i let park maintenance cut the grass and taking like 20 minutes break, my feet don't feel as tired as i did 5 sets of move #4 that i finally improve it as i did set 4 of that move.  so i adjust my strategy taking longer break time when or around or after i did move #4 starting this upcoming monday.  instead of just 5 minutes of break time doing set 1 of move #4, i might take longer break than that.  especially set 2, 3, 4, and 5 where i used to take 2 minutes each doing those set of moves of move #4.  i might take longer time than that like 5 to 7 minutes break between this set of move to let my feet rest more so i won't get tired and unable to jump higher because of not enough rest.

so, overally, i was very, very happy and i learned to practice like 3 times a week instead of 5 and take longer break in like around half way done with these different moves so i can practice better and get improvements from it.  so maybe #4 is not a bad luck number after all but i still get paranoid whenever i see the number 4 though.  i still get superstitious with #4 though.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 03:20:01 PM by Paul2 »

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2021, 07:03:57 AM »
just wanted to give you guys an update, yesterday afternoon, i manage to improve on my mixed martial arts more.  especially on move #4 at set #1 and on the first move i improved quite a lot as i manage to jump quite much higher as i do this turn kick.  i can see my shadow from the sunlight on the grass as i did this move and i can tell that i jump higher on this move than before. so i went from being a beginner to intermediate or near intermidiate on quite a number of moves actually.

so it took me like 6 months and 4 days to improve on quite a number of moves.  i might get results faster if i practiced it every weekdays but this few 2 to 3 weeks, i didn't practiced every weekdays as i should since i been spoiled by my middle brother giving me joy rides going places that i didn't bother going to the park to practice it.  instead of practicing 5 days a week, i only practice it for like 1 or 2 times a week on this past 2 to 3 weeks.  otherwise, chances are i might get results as fast as 2 to 3 weeks sooner but its cool.  i don't mind it that much as i enjoy the joy rides my middle brother takes me.

oh yeah, this past few weeks, i changed my strategy on how often i should practice martial arts and instead of practicing a total of 11 moves per a day on every 2 weekdays, i split it to 5 moves on every 2 weekdays, and the remaining 6 moves on the other remaining weekdays.  that way i won't get too tired and overwhelmed by the much longer time practicing 11 moves on one day.

so overall, i am very happy. :wav:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 08:21:44 AM by Paul2 »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2021, 08:26:17 AM »
Glad you're improving buddy! Keep at it!

Joyrides huh? I miss doing those. Gas is too expensive to be joyriding for me hahahaha.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk