Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Titan's YouTube Adventures!  (Read 322 times)

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
Titan's YouTube Adventures!
« on: June 17, 2024, 02:03:39 PM »
I'm gonna post my latest videos here. For those who don't know or forget, I make YouTube videos of me repairing consoles and accessories. Sometimes other electronics but mostly gaming stuff.

Link to my channel: https://youtube.com/@titanrepairs

First video up here, I bought won an auction lot of DKOldies rejects. You can go to my channel and see the rest of the series but this video I rebuild a PS3 disc drive.

Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
Re: Titan's YouTube Adventures!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2024, 01:45:02 AM »
i just watched the first 1ish minute of the video and then i skipped to the part where it showed you turned the ps3 on hooked up to the hdtv and i noticed the username of the ps3 is paul.  lol.  i watched some more where you shown that the ps3 still struggling to read disc and then where you ordered a package of the new laser drive that wasn't new like they claimed and the end part where you successfully got the ps3 to read game discs successfully.  cool. B)

Offline Derri
  • PSN ID: Dead1y-Derri
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2024, 08:21:40 AM »
I've dropped you a subscribe. I love watching repair videos etc

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2024, 09:59:32 AM »
I've dropped you a subscribe. I love watching repair videos etc

Thank you! I appreciate it :) How have you been?

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2024, 01:14:54 PM »
So I hit 1000 subscribers last month and now officially monetized! In celebration I attempted a repair of a 3DO

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2024, 12:22:02 AM »
congratulations on your 1,000 subscribers on your channel. :headbang:

i just watched the beginning part where you thanked your wife which is nice of you and afterward, i skipped to the part near the end of the reassembly part and beginning of final testing part where you ejected the disc tray coming out and just now i realized panasonic 3do has front disc loading instead of top loading like the ps1 has.  come to think of it, i never thought about it but even if i did, i thought it was top loading but its actually front loading.  interesting to know.  cool with me either way. B)

i also noticed a kimtech probably wiping papers box in the final testing part of the video and kim is my real life name.  i am Vietnamese of chinese descent and kim is pronounced something like cam in cantonese and kim in vietnamese language which means gold in english.  lol that the wiping box has my name on it.

then i get to see your lg oled tv in the final testing part of the video.  nice.  i always thought you put it on a table stand with the tv stand but you actually wall mounted it.  cool either way.  didn't know and i assumed wrong.  i also noticed the av receiver on top of the table stand and your front speakers too and a subwoofer next to the table stand there.  nice.  just for curiosity, do you also have rear speakers too?

i am jealous of your sony crt trinitron tube tv, it made me wished my mom buy me a crt with component video input back in probably around january 2001 but she bought me a crt tv with composite inputs but no component or s-video input for that matter.  i had to live with this 20" tube crt tv with no component or s-video input for probably a little over 15 1/2 years was when i switched to a 24" sony trinitron crt tube tv that has both component and s-video input where a neighbor down the street threw it away was when i picked it up and replaced my 20" crt tv with it.  i wasn't happy for like 15 1/2 years of my life because about half a year later when i worked for summer job back in mid 2001, i finally bought a ps2 and i used this ps2 to play ps1 games since its backward compatible with ps1 games beside playing ps2 games and dvd-videos.  so, i had to lived with playing ps1, ps2 games, and dvd-videos with composite connection on this tube tv for 15 1/2 years of my life.  had this tv has component or at least s-video, i would buy this either component or at least s-video connection accessory for the ps2 to get much better picture and color on this tube tv.

had i known my mom was going to buy me a wrong tv, i would have went with her to the store to pick a better video connections tv.  she went with my oldest brother to buy that time.  after she brought it home, when i found out it doesn't have s-video or component inputs, i didn't dare return it because i got paranoid thinking the store person might misunderstood and thought something is wrong with the tv that we did something wrong with the tv to return and exchange to a different one even though we didn't do anything wrong with it.  my paranoid and uncomfortness made me didn't want to exchange to a different one.

15 1/2 years of my life living with it not being that happy was a long time.  at least i know the neighbor throw away sony trinitron tube tv that has both s-video and component video inputs picture brightness is not as bright as the older model and there is somewhat a picture blooming or something like that due to weak and cheaper power supply on the much later and newer models compare to much older models.  the model my mom bought me is a sept 2000 model while the throw away model that i got for free is a dec 2004 model.  maybe on later models, sony had to cut cost by cutting corner here and there to sell it cheaper than previous years models.  but still, i would have prefer the tv my mom bought to have at least s-video or best component video input though.

in around mid 2001, where we got ads from the mail, and i looked at best buy ads and if i remember correctly, the sony and other brand like toshiba crt tube tv has component video input on it.  i remember looking at the ads probably on the weekends or either before or after work from summer job during that time.  maybe some crt tvs for 2001 and later models finally have s-video and component video inputs there.  so, in near late august 2016 where i finally got a tube tv with s-video and component video input that the neighbor threw away that i got for free.  i used it for a little over 4 years and was quite happy with the picture quality despite not being as bright as previous years model before i upgraded to oled tv.  i am very satisfied with the oled tv that i bought during the week of black friday of late november 2020.  but again, living with composite crt tv for a little over 15 1/2 years of my life not being happy with it is a long time though.  sorry, i just feel like ranting about it.

it sucked somewhat that you couldn't get the 3d0 to work but like you said, hopefully you finally get it work next time or after that.  cool.  again, cheers on your 1,000 subs. B)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 12:38:02 AM by Paul2 »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2024, 06:37:19 PM »
congratulations on your 1,000 subscribers on your channel. :headbang:

i just watched the beginning part where you thanked your wife which is nice of you and afterward, i skipped to the part near the end of the reassembly part and beginning of final testing part where you ejected the disc tray coming out and just now i realized panasonic 3do has front disc loading instead of top loading like the ps1 has.  come to think of it, i never thought about it but even if i did, i thought it was top loading but its actually front loading.  interesting to know.  cool with me either way. B)

There was another model if I remember right that was top loading. But this Panasonic version seems to be the more common one.

then i get to see your lg oled tv in the final testing part of the video.  nice.  i always thought you put it on a table stand with the tv stand but you actually wall mounted it.  cool either way.  didn't know and i assumed wrong.  i also noticed the av receiver on top of the table stand and your front speakers too and a subwoofer next to the table stand there.  nice.  just for curiosity, do you also have rear speakers too?

Yeah. I wall mounted it because the wife and I have two cats. Mine doesn't go up on the TV stand but her cat will sometimes. And he's a big clumsy boy. I put it on the wall to keep it safe lol. Plus it helps keep it a bit higher and I can fit more stuff underneath :) And yeah, I do have rear speakers. They aren't hooked up though for reasons lol. But fun fact. I got the receiver at goodwill for like 10 or 20 bucks I think. And the speakers I found in my complex by the dumpster. They're Samsungs too and sound amazing.

i am jealous of your sony crt trinitron tube tv, it made me wished my mom buy me a crt with component video input back in probably around january 2001 but she bought me a crt tv with composite inputs but no component or s-video input for that matter.

This one was from 2004 I think? I forget off the top of my head. It was my grandmother's before she died. I was helping my mom and uncle clean out her house and it was in a pile to go to the dump. It has component so I took it. Unfortunately this Trinitron is having issues. I don't use it anymore. It makes a buzzing noise and smells really bad when it's on. I need to see if I can fix it but just don't have the time. I'll probably grab my 13 inch TV my parents still have from when I was a kid temporarily until I can find time to fix my Trinitron. I just don't know CRT repair just yet. I do want to learn and repair those.

it sucked somewhat that you couldn't get the 3d0 to work but like you said, hopefully you finally get it work next time or after that.  cool.  again, cheers on your 1,000 subs. B)

Thanks! Yeah I would have liked to get it done. I really wanted to play Syndicate. But I bought an oscilloscope so I can read signals better and maybe narrow it down. Commenters have come up with some places to investigate. I think the issue is a chip. Probably the video decoder.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2024, 03:11:42 PM »
Yeah. I wall mounted it because the wife and I have two cats. Mine doesn't go up on the TV stand but her cat will sometimes. And he's a big clumsy boy. I put it on the wall to keep it safe lol. Plus it helps keep it a bit higher and I can fit more stuff underneath :) And yeah, I do have rear speakers. They aren't hooked up though for reasons lol. But fun fact. I got the receiver at goodwill for like 10 or 20 bucks I think. And the speakers I found in my complex by the dumpster. They're Samsungs too and sound amazing.
you are very smart to know how to wall mounted it.  i don't know how to wall mounted it so i just put my oled tv with the tv stand on top of the table stand.  does your av receiver has hdmi inputs?  how come you don't hooked up your rear speakers if you don't mind me asking?

This one was from 2004 I think? I forget off the top of my head. It was my grandmother's before she died. I was helping my mom and uncle clean out her house and it was in a pile to go to the dump. It has component so I took it. Unfortunately this Trinitron is having issues. I don't use it anymore. It makes a buzzing noise and smells really bad when it's on. I need to see if I can fix it but just don't have the time. I'll probably grab my 13 inch TV my parents still have from when I was a kid temporarily until I can find time to fix my Trinitron. I just don't know CRT repair just yet. I do want to learn and repair those.
wow.  you must have been really smart to try to learn and repair electronics.  bravos to you. :headbang:

oh yeah, when you do repair the crt, can you check the back to see what year model is it?  really appreciate it if you can check and tell me. :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 03:29:54 PM by Paul2 »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2024, 05:47:05 PM »
you are very smart to know how to wall mounted it.  i don't know how to wall mounted it so i just put my oled tv with the tv stand on top of the table stand.  does your av receiver has hdmi inputs?  how come you don't hooked up your rear speakers if you don't mind me asking?

I work construction so mounting a TV mount was easy lol. It just needs to be screwed into the stud is all so it can handle the weight. The receiver does have HDMI but with so many consoles plugged into switches then plugged into the TV it would have been a nightmare to wire. So I just use the optical out from the TV and have that going in the receiver. Super easy. And the reason the rears aren't hooked up is mostly for my wife. Our living room is small and the speakers are literally like 6 inches from our heads lol. My wife likes to unwind at night and having my games blaring into her head is not the best thing lol. So I unplugged them for her.

wow.  you must have been really smart to try to learn and repair electronics.  bravos to you. :headbang:

oh yeah, when you do repair the crt, can you check the back to see what year model is it?  really appreciate it if you can check and tell me. :)

I mean it's like anything. You learn by doing and researching. I'm still learning all the time. You don't learn any skill without practice.

It's gonna be a while lol. I'm picking up my old 13 inch CRT from my parents house tomorrow to hold me over until I get either another TV or fix this one.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2024, 04:19:47 AM »
I work construction so mounting a TV mount was easy lol. It just needs to be screwed into the stud is all so it can handle the weight. The receiver does have HDMI but with so many consoles plugged into switches then plugged into the TV it would have been a nightmare to wire. So I just use the optical out from the TV and have that going in the receiver. Super easy. And the reason the rears aren't hooked up is mostly for my wife. Our living room is small and the speakers are literally like 6 inches from our heads lol. My wife likes to unwind at night and having my games blaring into her head is not the best thing lol. So I unplugged them for her.
how many consoles were plugged into the switches that goes to the tv if you don't mind me asking?

yeah using the optical out from the tv to the receiver does simplify things but if you have a blu ray player or 4k blu ray player or gaming consoles that support blu-ray or later like 4k blu-ray, they support lossless high res audios like dolby true hd and dts hdma and later like dolby atmos and dts x which are also lossless surround sound audios.  unfortunately optical audio connections does not support uncompressed or lossless high def audio like dolby true hd or dolby atmos for examples mostly because of copy protection and legacy optical audio connection bandwidth isn't high enough to transfer uncompressed or lossless high res surround sounds i think.

if you play a videogame or watch a movie with dolby atmos lossless, it will convert it to lossy codec in order for it to transfer to the receiver that means you won't get a pristine clean audio quality.  i think that is why connecting say like a 4k blu-ray player to the receiver hdmi would be better to get that pure uncompressed sound.  if your 4k blu-ray player has two hdmi connections like one for audio/video and the 2nd one for audio only, connection the 2nd one audio only to the receiver hdmi in, you will get better sound that way while the 1st hdmi connection connected to the tv's hdmi for video.  but for older consoles that doesn't have uncompressed or lossless compressed multi-channel high res audio sources, using the optical out from the tv to the receiver should be fine i think.

how many hdmi inputs does your av receiver has if you don't mind me asking?

I mean it's like anything. You learn by doing and researching. I'm still learning all the time. You don't learn any skill without practice.

It's gonna be a while lol. I'm picking up my old 13 inch CRT from my parents house tomorrow to hold me over until I get either another TV or fix this one.
yeah.  does your much older 13" tv have component video input or s-video?  wow, its interesting you could live with playing videogames on a really small 13" tv back then.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 07:36:57 AM by Paul2 »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2024, 08:20:26 AM »
how many consoles were plugged into the switches that goes to the tv if you don't mind me asking?

I dunno off the top of my head and not gonna count right now lol. It's a lot. All my HDMI consoles go into one switch (PS3,PS4, Xbox 360 (which itself is VGA to HDMI adapter then to the switch), Wii U, Dreamcast) except for the PS5 which just goes right into the TV. Then I have my component switch which has PS2, Xbox, Wii which goes to a component to HDMI adapter to the TV. It's a mess.

how many hdmi inputs does your av receiver has if you don't mind me asking?

I dunno. 1 or 2?

yeah.  does your much older 13" tv have component video input or s-video?  wow, its interesting you could live with playing videogames on a really small 13" tv back then.

No. It's mono. Has one AV and one audio input. I'll have to get creative with the receiver. I got it for my birthday in like 1999 or 2000 or something like that. It was pretty much my bedroom TV until shortly after college when I bought my HDTV. Did a lot of gaming on it back then. Also has a VCR built in which if I remember right is eating tapes which should be an easy fix.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2024, 03:23:32 AM »
I dunno off the top of my head and not gonna count right now lol. It's a lot. All my HDMI consoles go into one switch (PS3,PS4, Xbox 360 (which itself is VGA to HDMI adapter then to the switch), Wii U, Dreamcast) except for the PS5 which just goes right into the TV. Then I have my component switch which has PS2, Xbox, Wii which goes to a component to HDMI adapter to the TV. It's a mess.
wow, that is a lot.  is gaming your biggest hobby or something?

I dunno. 1 or 2?
oh.  that is strange that it only has 1 or 2 hdmi inputs there.  what audio codecs does it support?

No. It's mono. Has one AV and one audio input. I'll have to get creative with the receiver. I got it for my birthday in like 1999 or 2000 or something like that. It was pretty much my bedroom TV until shortly after college when I bought my HDTV. Did a lot of gaming on it back then. Also has a VCR built in which if I remember right is eating tapes which should be an easy fix.
wow.  your 13" tv only has one composite video connection and mono audio connection.  not only that but i suspect your tv is not flat but curved.  bravos to you for managing to play video games on such a small screen and crappier video and truncated audio connection.  its makes me not so mad at my mom for buying me a 20" composite video connections back then.  but still, i would have been much happier if it has component video connection though.

looking back, within 1 or 2 years after my mom bought me the wrong tv, maybe i should have went with her to buy me another crt tv with component connection and bigger 24" instead of 20" since a table stand that i found in my mom's kitchen nearly a year later after she bought me the wrong tv that i moved it to my bedroom and used it to put the 20" tv on.  this table stand supports up to 24" TV there.  not only that but i would like it even more if i buy the 24" tv with side speakers instead of bottom speakers for better sound which mean it will be a bit more expensive and that extra cost might means even better picture quality, especially in component video.  If i did buy such tv, then i would have moved the 20" tv to my mom's bedroom despite that she hardly ever watch tv but my oldest brother does that time and he lived in the same bedroom but separate beds with my mom.

then i would have enjoyed this dream 24" tv for nearly 2 decades before i buy an oled tv that i like a lot to replace it.  if only i could turn back time that is.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 07:58:01 AM by Paul2 »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2024, 05:25:40 PM »
Yeah you can say gaming is my biggest hobby lol. I like the collecting aspect of it.

I have no clue what audio codecs it supports. I found it for 20 bucks at Goodwill and does the job so I'm happy with it for now lol.

Yeah it's a curved screen. It's from 1999 so it was before that time lol. My broken CRT is 20 inch (maybe 22). Component vs Composite I don't notice really any difference on a screen that small. On the big Panasonic at my parents. Yeah I saw a huge difference back in the day. When the wife and I get a house and I set up my gaming room, I'm taking that TV. That's the end game CRT lol.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2024, 05:26:59 PM »
Forgot to post this a few days ago. Thought my Xbox was broken. It wasn't. Anyway, here's a video of that lol.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2024, 06:24:20 PM »
Yeah you can say gaming is my biggest hobby lol. I like the collecting aspect of it.
cool. B)

Yeah it's a curved screen. It's from 1999 so it was before that time lol. My broken CRT is 20 inch (maybe 22). Component vs Composite I don't notice really any difference on a screen that small. On the big Panasonic at my parents. Yeah I saw a huge difference back in the day. When the wife and I get a house and I set up my gaming room, I'm taking that TV. That's the end game CRT lol.
yeah.  i think yours is also a 20" but with component video support and side speakers.  how big is your panasonic crt tv?  it's also flatscreen?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk