Hello

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Gran Turismo 7. Anyone pick it up yet?  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: flightlessbeaker
Gran Turismo 7. Anyone pick it up yet?
« on: March 06, 2022, 09:07:23 AM »
I got my 25th Anniversary special edition copy in the mail yesterday. After a few hours of installing and updating, I played it for several hours last night. I have to say, I'm quite impressed. There's a lot of little touches like sprinkling in some of the classic songs from the entire series in with modern renditions. Also, the car models are very well done. My only complaint of the game is the extended tutorial time. I was hoping to just jump in like all the other GT games, but it took me a couple hours to get through but it's not bad. It's me nit picking :) I do really like the focus on automotive history in the game too. Its fun an educational at the same time!

Anyone have it and want to race?
Liquid Spam of The Spaminators
"That took some balls to stick a gun in his pants." -Gman
"LOL u know id fuck yu wsboth right? i would love to fuck the both of uyouy

U R FUCJKGIN FCUTE" -THX to luke and Bob

"13 year old girls sleep with older men cause they think theyre in love
13 year old boys sleep with older women cause theyd be stupid not to

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: jokermit
Re: Gran Turismo 7. Anyone pick it up yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 03:02:41 PM »
i don't have it and i don't even have a ps4 or ps5 either.  whatcha think of the graphic?

Offline Kurt Angle

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: Supes1975
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 02:23:26 AM »
Got my 25th Anniversary preorder delivered on Saturday. Took bloody ages to install as there is a bug that ignores the disk and tries to download the entire 90 gig from the net. I had to disable the net on my PS5 to make it read the disk install correctly.

Install troubles aside it’s a great game from the few hours I have put into it so far.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 04:55:32 PM »
Is that was that was? I assumed it was a day 1 update lol. I had to wait almost 4 hours for it to install and download.

Offline Kurt Angle

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • PSN ID: Supes1975
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 10:15:18 AM »
With my connection it said 9 hours!

I managed to get it down to 2 hours by just having to download the 17gb update patch instead.

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 08:47:42 AM »
With my connection it said 9 hours!

I managed to get it down to 2 hours by just having to download the 17gb update patch instead.

That's still crazy the patch takes up that much space lol. I'm actually completely out of space on my PS5 already. But I need to get back into GT7. But I've been playing Forbidden West more lately. Nice thing about racing games is you can just jump in and out which has been my plan.

Offline BizioEE

• Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 10:17:11 AM »
Get ready for Spec II. The 1.40 update is largest since the release of Gran Turismo 7, adding a 4-player split-screen Couch Mode, Lake Louise Snow Circuit, 7 cars, Quick Race with SOPHY AI integration, 50 new challenges and more. Best of all, it's completely free.

Gran Turismo Spec II Update
Spec II adds a 4-player split-screen Couch Mode, Lake Louise Snow Circuit, 7 cars, Quick Race with SOPHY AI integration, 50 new challenges and more to Gran Turismo 7 for free.

https://twitter.com/thegranturismo/status/1719700827869458740?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1719700827869458740%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

He has the power of both worlds
Girl: What power… beyond my expectations?
AND IT\'S PERSONAL
Demon: No… the legendary Sparda!?
Dante: You\'re right, but I\'m his son Dante!

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 04:26:01 PM »
It better be free with what they charge for these games now lol. But sounds pretty cool. I need to pick this game up again. Especially now that I have a 4K OLED :D

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2023, 06:23:40 PM »
cool that you finally bought a 4k oled tv.  what size and brand is it?  what is the native refresh rate?  did you bought it from early black friday deals?

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 04:44:14 PM »
cool that you finally bought a 4k oled tv.  what size and brand is it?  what is the native refresh rate?  did you bought it from early black friday deals?

It's a 55 inch LG C3. Has 120 Hz refresh rate. And no. Actually, I bought it at the end of September because my wife an I had a 20% off coupon with Amazon because we had our wedding registry with Amazon. That coupon had no limits lol. So why not max it out on an OLED? Otherwise I probably wouldn't have gone that crazy with it lol. But it was totally worth it. I just finished playing Halo 2 on my OG Xbox which is hooked up to the OLED and it looked amazing. And that output to 480p!

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2023, 07:11:43 PM »
sounds so good.  how does it compare to your older 32" LCD 1080p tv?

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2023, 09:19:38 AM »
sounds so good.  how does it compare to your older 32" LCD 1080p tv?

It's night and day difference lol. Definitely better contrast ratio and whatnot which I expected. My 32" TV I've had since 2010 and the technology has really advanced with these panels. But the OLED does classic games so well. I've moved onto playing Metal Gear Solid and I am using my PS3 to play it. Tried playing it on my PS2 but the resolution on PS1 games is too low for the OLED to recognize it. Lowest I found it can go is 480i. PS1 does 240p or 360p I believe. The PS3 upscales PS1 games to 480 and does an amazing job of it so I'm using that right now. And let me tell you, MGS looks great on the OLED. I'm impressed. Normally I play my PS1 games on my tube TV through my slim PS2 but I felt like trying this out. I may play PS1 games on my PS3 from now on.

I still have the 32". I put it in the bedroom because my wife likes to watch Netflix before bed.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2023, 06:20:49 PM »
since you said you hooked up your xbox to your oled tv playing halo 2.  did you use component to hdmi converter to do so since i think tvs nowadays like lg oled don't support component video inputs anymore?

i think ps1 supports 240p but not 360p though.  maybe ps1 supports 480i?  maybe 448i like 640 x 448i at it maximum resolution but most ps1 games don't run in 448i because of a performance hit i think.  ps1 only has 1 mbyte of VRAM and that probably means its not enough to run games in 448i without framerate dropping and or reduced polygons count so that means many games run in either 224p or 240p.  probably many games run in 320 x 240p or 320 x 224p, some runs so somewhat higher resolution than that like 512 x 240p but i don't think i encounter a ps1 game runs in 640 x 448i for gameplay though because of a performance hit.

i don't think there are any 360p ps1 games though since there are no tvs that have 360p resolution.  ntsc tvs are 480i so that means a ps1 game or a previous and older generation consoles run say a game at 320 x 240p, it upscaled and output it in 720 x 480i resolution for ntsc tvs.  i am not sure how they did it but 240p upscaled to 480i looks really good on tube tvs.  they probably did some sort of edge enhancements and whatnot to make it looks really good on 480i tvs.

maybe lowest resolution hdmi can support is 480p.  since all videogames run in progressive mode, like your metal gear solid game, it probably runs at 320 x 240p, and it upscaled it to 480p on your ps3 before it sends it through hdmi to the tv.  compare to analog ntsc tvs, it probably upscaled 240p to 480i and converts the signal from progressive to interlaced before it sends it to ntsc tvs.  if a game is 60p like many fighting games are, it converts the 60p to 60i.  if a game is 30p, it converts it to 60i by repeating the frame twice but output it in interlaced mode or something like that before it sends it to analog ntsc 480i tvs.

since you will be playing ps1 games on your ps3.  you can rest assured that all your ps1 games will always run in true native progressive mode say like 240p upscaled to 480p before it transfer to your 4k tvs via hdmi.  that means better motion i think.

added:  i have another question, did you guys move to a bigger house yet or you still live at your current house?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 07:33:05 PM by Paul2 »

Offline Titan

• Sniper Kitten
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2023, 03:14:36 PM »
Yeah. I had a component to HDMI converter from when I briefly tried streaming lol. Worked out well because I just plugged it into my Component switcher lol.

I think you're right on the PS1 resolution. It sounds about right.

Not yet. The market is too bad, especially in my state. A fixer upper in the boonies is like 350k here. It's ridiculous. But I bought my place when interest rates were low so my mortgage is pretty low. We're gonna ride this train as long as possible.

Offline Paul2

• Breath of the Earth
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2023, 07:25:04 PM »
speaking about ps1 resolution, i think castlevania symphony of the night runs in 256 x 224p resolution,  its a 2D game for playstation and sega saturn and sure its a low resolution like many 2D games consoles run at that resolution too like snes and its predecessor.  But the 2D graphics look so great on this game.  the art and color looks so great like top notch for its time.

have you ever played castlevania:  symphony of the night?

what is a fixer upper in the boonies means if you don't mind me asking?  when you say you are going to ride this train as long as possible.  i think it means that you are going to live at your old house for as long as possible?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk